News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

18 place ribbon bar possible?

Perhaps, but some of these fellows seems to have had interesting careers.

Mr Mallett, for example, joined the FO in 1937 and won his MM in the RAMC during the Second World War. Who knows, this may turn out to be his. He may have been one of those 'odd military types' found 'attached' to the FO and tend to turn up at the right place, at the right time, whenever there is local trouble afoot. Certainly the Order of St John at the end would fit with some sort of medical service.

As far as the ISO goes, the minimum required service period was 25 years and any statutory pensionable period in wartime service counted and was included.

Cheers,

James

but what about the missing devices? looks like theres a 2nd MM rosette and then MID and 8 army number!do any of the people have these? these devices would really narrow it down to a few people if not only one!!personally i think its a put together!

Edited by paddywhack

but what about the missing devices? looks like theres a 2nd MM rosette and then MID and 8 army number!do any of the people have these? these devices would really narrow it down to a few people if not only one!!personally i think its a put together!

I have no idea if they had or did not have the devices that are not there!

I have listed some names which, if you are so inclined, you could investigate further.

I shall mark you down as a time waster and not bother next time.

I have no idea if they had or did not have the devices that are not there!

I have listed some names which, if you are so inclined, you could investigate further.

I shall mark you down as a time waster and not bother next time.

james i am sorry that you think i am a time waster but believe it or not i have checked those names but have only been able to take one name off this list(vitor darwin if its the same person i found via wiki as he had ww1 service and died in 72 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Victor_Darwin ), all i have access to is google(which is VERY hit and miss!!) and the medal year book and the national archive(which you can from what i understand only look at the records from ww1 and back) i honest dont even know how you managed to come up with these names for this bar but i am VERY grateful for you taking the time and effort to do that!any and all help is greatly appreciated and i always say to people who help me out that if theres anything i can do in return please just!

i would LOVE to be able have the knowledge of researching british stuff but iv only started to actively collect it in the last 3\4 months having mostly collected german militaria and that field has limit research for the normal everyday soldier! ,so again i am extremely grateful for the help you gave me and as i said if there is anything i can do in return please just ask!

Edited by paddywhack