News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two ribbon bars from South Asia

Noor

Hi all,

Here is two ribbon bars from India and Nepal. I must say I do not know much about this countries, so any help to ID awards on them would be great. Also are they right way on the picture?2014.gif

1. India ribbon bar. Arrived with the small paper tag "Air Commodore T.J. Master Def & Air Attache, Indian Air Force"

1555923732b4cf_l.jpg

Hi all,

Here is two ribbon bars from India and Nepal. I must say I do not know much about this countries, so any help to ID awards on them would be great. Also are they right way on the picture?2014.gif

1. India ribbon bar. Arrived with the small paper tag "Air Commodore T.J. Master Def & Air Attache, Indian Air Force"

Interesting to see Air Commodore Master's ribbon bar turn up. I knew him when he was Air Att in Washington. Don't know what has happened to him since.

Best,

Hugh

Interesting to see Air Commodore Master's ribbon bar turn up. I knew him when he was Air Att in Washington. Don't know what has happened to him since.

Best,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thats interesting! To you have his picture by any chance?2014.gif

2. Ribbon bar from Nepal

What is the awards on it?

15559199258690_l.jpg

My stab at this is as follows:

First row:

1 The Most Refulgent Order of the Star of Nepal (Nepal Taradish), 2 The Most Illustrious Order of the Three Divine Powers (Tri Shakti Patta).

Second row:

3 King Birendra Coronation Medal (Subha Rajyabhishek Padaka) 1975, 4 King Birendra Coronation Anniversary Medal (Laksha-Shedaka Padak) 1980?, 5 The Decoration of Nepal (Nepal Bhusana) 1966, 6 Foreign Service Medal (Paradesha Seva Padak) 1963.

Cheers,

James

Hi Hugh,

Thats interesting! To you have his picture by any chance?2014.gif

Sorry, no. I'd guess that he's still alive. Perhaps if you wrote to him C/O Vayu Bhavan, New Delhi, they might track him down for you.

Best,

Hugh

Hi all,

1555923732b4cf_l.jpg

I missed this post somehow, but here is the identification of the ribbons on the Indian group.

Top Row (Left to right)

Vayu Sena Medal (Air Force Medal)

General Service Medal 1947

Samar Seva Star (combat service in the 1965 Indo-Pak War)

Poorvi Star (combat service in the 1971 Indo-Pak War)

Middle Row

Paschimi Star (combat service in the 1971 Indo-Pak War)

Rahsha Medal (1965 Indo-Pak War)

Sangram Medal (1971 Indo-Pak War)

Sainya Seva Medal 1971

Bottom Row

Videsh Seva Medal (Overseas Service Medal)

25th Independence Anniversary Medal

20 Years Long Service Medal

9 Years Long Service Medal

That should cover it; they are the correct way up in the photo. If you ever want to get rid of this ugly little ribbon bar :whistle: keep me in mind.

Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Didn't look here some period of time - kind a forgot the post2014.gif

Thank you very much for ID of the ribbons guys! It was small contribution to my Global ribbon bars collection and Brian... I will keep you in my mind, if I ever let it gocool.gif

Indian bar looks pretty old. Also I really like attachment system on the reverse - shows some age. Nepal looks "fresher" meantime - are those common ones or not. I haven't seen any before but also I haven't seen muchcheeky.gif

here is one more slightly older Indian bar, what I have:

1592198502c18f_l.jpg

Thanks again guys!

Timo aka Noor

Thanks to Ed, who pointed out that the last bar is not Indian actually at all2014.gif . I was fooled with the Indian Service Medal on itcheeky.gif .

Anyway, I did my home work today:

Pakistani ribbon bar

From 1939-1956 period

Nice British style construction 2 row ribbon bar with the World War 2 British awards up to Islamic Republic of Pakistan awards.

The owner of this bar was most likely a member of the Indian Army during World War 2 and completed at least 6 months operational service (1939-1945 Star). Burma Star on the set indicates that the soldier served most likely in the Indian provinces; Bengal or Assam in the period 1 May 1942 to 2 September 1945.

After Pakistan declared independence 14 August 1947, he moved to Pakistan Army (The Pakistan Medal).

Awards on the ribbon bar:

• The Pakistan Medal, 1947
    • The Pakistan Republic Commemorative Medal, 1956
    • 1939-1945 Star
    • Burma Star
    • War Medal 19391945
    • India Service Medal

Edited by Noor