Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Odin Mk 3

Imperial Service Medal - early awards (to 1920)

A lovely set and of a different background to the usual ones we see. Anything RIC is rare and collectable - I've just sold an

original 1860's issue RIC carbine and bayonet - was pleased with the price. Best wishes Mervyn

I ask for help locating records for this my Great Great Grandfather's George V ISM. His name was Charles Stafford. I don't know much about him but I think he was an Electrical Engineer, his middle name might be Walter and he was from the Midlands of the United Kingdom possibly Dudley.

CharlesStaffordISM.jpg

Thanks, how might I check later periods? Or does the search work for all George V ISM medals. I can't quite see how he would have been in London.

The Gv Star shaped medal was awarded till 1920;after that it became circular so the period to check runs from around 1909 to 1921 - a relatively short time. The award in 1917 would normally indicate a birth year of around 1857 - normal retirement being at 60 and the medal was awarded then.

Fine, that must be him. Thank you. I know that my Great grandfather Stanley Walter Stafford moved to London when he was 17 but i didn't realise that the whole family did as well.