News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aussie Police collectors at Ballarat Militaria show

Had a very pleasant morning looking around the show, was nice to talk again with my wife's uncle Don Mahoney.

Met 2 advanced Aussie Police collectors who both had stalls, one of whom originated from Glasgow and has been in Oz since the 50's, still got the old accent thoughbiggrin.gif He show me photos of his collection room, very nice indeed.

Gave them a note of this website, they seemed really keen and said they'd join, hopefully they find this, I'm sure they will, so welcome beer.gif

Cheerscheers.gif

Colin

Had a very pleasant morning looking around the show, was nice to talk again with my wife's uncle Don Mahoney.

Met 2 advanced Aussie Police collectors who both had stalls, one of whom originated from Glasgow and has been in Oz since the 50's, still got the old accent thoughbiggrin.gif He show me photos of his collection room, very nice indeed.

Gave them a note of this website, they seemed really keen and said they'd join, hopefully they find this, I'm sure they will, so welcome beer.gif

Cheerscheers.gif

Colin

Hello Colin

many thanks for introducing me to this very informative forum,well here I am, it looks great cant wait to explore it further, hope I can contribute a few bits and pieces if that is ok , I should intruduce myself My Name is Rod and I live in South Australia married with four grown up daughters and four grand children and as Colin said I hail from Glasgow ( a very long time ago I might ad ) I have been collecting on and off most of my life, my main interests is in Australian police badges ,patches, medals ,uniforms and memorabilia , I also have a large selection of world items, I am looking forword to being an active member

cheers from down under Rod

Cheerscheers.gif

Colin

Hey Rod, good to see you made it, aye, you're from Glasgow, nobody's perfect, but I think you will enjoy the forum here very much, Mervyn above has shown some great items and is a wealth of good info, look forward to seeing more of your collection, personally I try and avoid the police, but their cars are pretty fast 2014.gif

C

Rod - welcome to GMIC. Great to have another Police collector with us - take no notice of Colin - they don't understand how 'special' police collecting can be !

There will be a lot of members waiting to see additional Aussie material - don't forget it goes under British and Commonwealth. I think Leigh will also be pleased to new member.