News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 101
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nick,

I use a Nikon 8700 (very good macro) and most important of all, a good sturdy tripod. Even with the tripod, I tend to use the timer.

Never use direct light, in any form.

Practice & pray.. wink.gif

Edited by J Temple-West

A small change of direction.. Made by 'C.E Juncker'.. The civil pilots badge.

A very rare item as there were very few civil pilots operating before the war and with the formation of the Luftwaffe most of them were called up as instructors and then as Luftwaffe pilots..

Edited by J Temple-West

Well, the search for this particular badge has finally come to an end.

One of the rarer types, this pilots badge by W.Deumer is normally found made with parts supplied by 'C.E Juncker'. Examples made with all 'Deumer' parts are very scarce and I was extreamly pleased to have, after 3 years of hunting, located this one...

Direct from the family, it comes with its original, early case. The badge, as you will see, is in mint condition.

So endith the hunt, on to the next one...That's what I love about this hobby. smile.gif

Of all the materials, with the exception of gold & diamonds, used in the manufacture of Luftwaffe qualification badges, aluminium examples are the hardest to find.

Both 1st & 2nd patterns can be found made of aluminium but were unpopular amongst recipients due to fact that they were prone to breakage. The vast majority of these alu? badges will be found with some form of repair.

So, some examples in aluminium.. Both by ?Assmann? (a prolific user of this lightweight material) we have;

1st pattern radio operator/air gunner badge..

Guest WAR LORD

This is the presentation piece. It was obtained by Campion in 1947. This pieces was returned to England by an Officer who took it to a Jewler in Hatton Garden to be destroyed. He also had the other medals and insignia atributed to Goring. These he sold to Spink. Campion went to the other dealers and found Spink had them. He bought them and finaly donated them to the RAF museum at Hendon were they can be seen. The piece is 18 ct gold and platinum. It is unmarked.