News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 71
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeHe... :cheeky: quaaak quaaak Welcome to Kermits silvestre party!!!

Stogie, we had this one discussed on a german forum before and we all had the same opinion on the 2 clasps... we don`t think that they are real and old, but if you have them in the hand maybe you can tell us more... problems are the poor quality of the letters which is normally very high on this mini clasps and the text.... the name should be "Nossob" and not "Nassob"....and there is no different writing possible.

can you give more details on the bar?

Heiko

To make this a bit more clear... of course there were different writings on some battle clasps, mostly on the inofficial ones. I will give some examples:

1870/71: "an der Lisaine" "a d Lisaine" "Lisaine" ----- "Mont Valerien" "M.Valerien" ---- "Paris" "Vor Paris" ---- "Metz" "Cernierung von Metz"

China : "Kitschou" "Kitchou" ---- "Nan-Hung-Men" "Nang-Hu-Men" ---- "Liang-Siang-Shien" "Liang-Hsiang-Hsien" ---- Kuan-Tschang" Kuantschang"

Soutwestafrica: "Nurudas" "Narudas" (since 1908) ---- "Karas-Berge" "K?ras-Berge" "Karasberge" ---- "Herero-Land" "Hereroland"

BUT Nossob is Nossob and not Nassob... ;) there is no reason why this place should have a new name. This and the not very fine making of this clasp is what me gives not a very good feeling on these clasps....

any other comments are welcome :D

Heiko

We shall see. My point is, if these are fakes, why are we not seeing them on a weekly basis as is with all the other fakes we know about. In the past 5 years I have seen exactly three examples of any ribbon bar with any clasp. Never mind the deluge one would expect with a faked item. Rick research will examine the clasps next week and make proper scans. Until then, we shall all just have to wait.

In the meantime, I'd like to see every example of an authentic and fake Afrika clasp posted. Obviously, some must exist somewhere. I think when you are dealing with an extremely rare object, one should put much more effort into documenting a position one way or another via multiple examples to reinforce the contention as opposed to just saying "sorry, I don't like it so it must not be real".

Rick R. has several bars with known/real bars from this era, as opposed to China, which we will compare with next week.

In the interim, Happy New Year!

This reminds me of the full-sized Afrika bar Heiko posted that he did not think was real......... since that time, not a single example of one of those bars has appeared..... so we have someone who has put forth substantial effort and expense to fake a bar, but is willing to only sell one bar every year to recoup his investment? A patient crook? I find that very difficult to accept.

I look forward to RR's scans. That will be a fun start to the new year. I do have a question about the stippled background on these bars. Is that type of background common to all bars or only certain makers? That question may answer itself as more known authentic examples are posted.

Stogie, in your experience have you ever known a bad guy to do test marketing?

Rick,

I don`t know right now of which african bar you are talking but during the last month there were about 50 faked colonial battle clasps only on ebay germany - 50!!!! Just in one online auction house...... It is a good idea to show all clasps we have and then we can discuss each one. I had promised that to Rick Research earlier in the year but had not the time to do, sorry again. Now I will take the time and scan all clasps I have.... tomorrow I will start.

Heiko

PS: here is the original miniature Peitang Forts bar of Oberst Kadelbach - great artwork!!!

Edited by HeikoGrusdat

forget Nordwind.... :violent: the Auob ribbon bar is from him as well :angry:

OK, I misunderstood you, minis were not very often seen, but the two on your bar and the Auob from my bar has the same style, and Nordwinds Venezuela mini also.... I have some groups with minis that are 100% authentic, new year will start with a great and gigantic thread... :jumping:

by the way, what is the meaning of "YUK" ???

Heiko

I don't know, you have to watch him very carefully....... he will lick anything you bring over to scan...... kind of like my kid who licks her leftover slice of pizza so no one else can eat it....... maybe Rick licks everything so no one else can have it?

That is only because you have not watched him lick them........... eeewwweeeee yuck!

(wee small voice at the back of the class)

Maybe it's that -long- association with furry household creatures.....instead of the cats thinking they are human, maybe someone is starting to think and act like a cat? javascript:emoticon(':blush:', 'smid_7')javascript:emoticon(':unsure:', 'smid_25')

smilie

smilie

Les (trying to hide his name and who posted this....)