News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Naval Side Cap & Shoulder Boards

Not a collecting interest but down the years I have acquired these items from various meetings with Russian sailors so I just thought that I'd show them here.

The side cap & shoulder boards were acquired when I spent a day at sea onboard the Udaloy I class destroyer Admiral Levchenko in 2006 for which I exchanged a Royal Navy cap tally, while the pin badges were obtained from various sailors of the Soviet Union as good will gifts.

I can't remember if the pin badge with the wings at top right was Russian or given to me at some other point in time from a US or Canadian serviceman, but thought I'd include it here just in case it is Russian...

I can't remember if the pin badge with the wings at top right was Russian

It's russian, meaning RF badge of military(any kind) qualification , there is 4 levels 3.2.1.M(master)

nise set of Soviet/RF naval staff :cheers:

• 3 months later...

the badge is the same for both the Soviet and the Federation navies.

Nope for sure, the Federation navy doesn't use the Soviet Naval Flag anymore. That bagde is soviet made, alluminium, late 80 . If not a modern copy

ph3s,

....All badges with any Soviet devices on them are long gone.

Regards,

Gordon

I don't think that is entirely true. I know absolutely nothing on this subject but there were plenty of hammer & sickle/red star insignia to be seen when I was aboard a Russian destroyer in 2006. Even the cap a member of the crew gave me (see above) still retains the red star with hammer & sickle insignia.

Edited by hucks216

I don't think that is entirely true. I know absolutely nothing on this subject but there were plenty of hammer & sickle/red star insignia to be seen when I was aboard a Russian destroyer in 2006. Even the cap a member of the crew gave me (see above) still retains the red star with hammer & sickle insignia.

I have seen them as well, but those are long gone out of state military regulations :rolleyes: even the red star from submarine badge have been removed .

Please use google -translator or any other that you prefer

http://vedomstva-uniforma.ru/mo/mo_persona1.html

post-24-1282112484.jpg