News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 274
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful display! :cheers:

Looks like you have a few 'Scotty' caps there.

When I was in the Polis, I set up the local Force Museum, but it doesn't hold a candle to your collection.

Congratulations!

You might find this link interesting...........

http://www.fife.police.uk/Default.aspx?page=1825

Edited by Robin Lumsden

Very impressive,Rod. I can see you will be able to add a lot to our World Policing section. We see very little for the various Australian Forces - perhaps a brief history and some of your pieces for each State ? Those two lovely boards of badges and plates would also look good in close-ups............

p.s. Top picture - the dummy with what looks like an army officer's uniform - is that Australian Police ?

Edited by Mervyn Mitton

Very impressive,Rod. I can see you will be able to add a lot to our World Policing section. We see very little for the various Australian Forces - perhaps a brief history and some of your pieces for each State ? Those two lovely boards of badges and plates would also look good in close-ups............

p.s. Top picture - the dummy with what looks like an army officer's uniform - is that Australian Police ?

Edited by rod g

this is a South Australian police QVC helmet plate only ever worn on a navy blue helmet until 1901

this is a KC helmet plate worn by the mounted cadre helmets, but also worn until the forties only on caps.

I am having so much trouble down loading , it is accepting some but not other its driving me mad jumping.gif its taken nearly an hour just for these two badges angry.gif can some one help

Hi - Rod. Thankyou for that info. I do know the Memorial - I was at school at Geelong at Corio. However, I wasn't aware of the different uniform. May we see a close-up of the badge ?

I liked both of the helmet plates - the VC one being a particularly clean example. Wasn't sure about the shape of the King's Crown - very rounded - but another rare example. I think we are all looking forward to seeing more from your collection. Everyone seems to have terrible problems down-loading pictures. I ended-up having an IT engineer come to the house to set it up for me. You need to get some more posts on and then you have extra space. Just join discussions and they soon mount-up.

Hi Rod,

Regarding down loading pictures (I'm no pro), are you resizing the photos before you try to post? I use Photoshop but there are other programs that do this. If your photo is too large the forum will reject it. I have had this problem when I forget to size the photo down to 25% (on Photoshop) and go to 50% as I would for an email using Windows Mail or Hot Mail as examples.

I hope someone reading your post can help.

There is another section on the forum where you can ask these questions so if no one in the know responds through this post try asking the question in the areas set aside for these problems.

Good luck.

Regards

Brian

Rod,

I also use Photoshop to size the photos for uploading. I select Image Size from the menu, set DPI to 72, and then set the width to 800 pixels (the height is automatically adjusted). I then save the image as a JPEG of less than my maximum allowance of 150K.

According to the type of membership http://www.gmic.co.uk/web/membership.htm you have 75KB to play with but I think this might be out of date!

If you don't have Photoshop or any other application to resize then you could try emailing the photos to yourself and allow your email client to make them smaller. I use Outlook Express.

When your uploading problem has been solved would you post closeups of pre-federation helmets?

Welcome to the forum.

Stuart

Edited by Stuart Bates

thanks guys for your interest, and your help for posting, it looks like I can only post 2 pics at a time seeing that i am new .

well I shall persevere .

this is a South Australian police KC cap badge circa 1940s -50s

another version of the South Australian KC helmet plate circa 1900=40s

Edited by rod g

this a South Australian transit officers cap QC cap badge circa 1960s

this is a Transit police cap QC cap badge in the 70s

bothe of these have been amalgamated with the SApolice for many years now

What did we decide the bird was for Sth. Aust.? Ed. raised it on World Police some time ago - but, I can't remember.

Gday Mervyn

the bird is a pipeing shrike, it erroneusly gets called a Magpie

cheers Rodg