News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 274
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mervyn,

Thanks for the welcome, I'm a current serving member of the Queensland Police. I am a Senior Constable and an Officer in Charge of a little 2 man station. I was lucky enough to deploy with the UN Police to Timor Leste in 2007, I posted my medal group in the "post your own" topic in the lounge a while back . Out of interest, my avatar is of one of the old station badges used between 1911 and 1959 to identify police stations. They were cast iron and weighed 17 pounds. I am a collector of police medals, with an interests to those awarded to Australian Police officers (although any commonwealth police medals are also fair game!).

Cheers

Chris

For some reason I did not mark this forum to watch when I commented last July...:banger: (I have now:rolleyes: )

I am SO glad I surfed back here. Some GREAT materials. Please share more closeups in the future.

Ed

• 2 years later...

Gday from downunder its a few years since I posted anything on here , I hope I am still welcome Merv? if so I will post a few more Australian items of interest

cheers Rod

Rod - how very good to hear from you again after the gap. I must be honest and say we were worried that you may have been taken

ill ?

We are delighted to have you back and Brian and I will look forward to seeing more of your collection - as I said once before -

a light on Police collecting in Australia. Best wishes Mervyn

Hello Rod.

I saw your post on the New Content list and started with post #1 and enjoyed a nostalgic review of your room from years back.

An enjoyable tour with my morning coffee.

I see that Mervyn has read my mind once again so I'll simply echo his statment in welcoming you back and looking forward to seeing more of your collection

Regards

Brian

• 1 month later...

dont know what I have done loading these pics , the top is a group pic of NSW police circa 1912

the White helmet is a NSW police helmet turn of the century 1900s

the third pic is the new current South Australian uniform beside a A South Australian trooper 1890s to the 30s

5 victorian police cap badges two cadet on the bottom row QC and KC middle row QC and on the top row two KC cap badges

Edited by rod g

a bag of fredies (ID badges ) walletshttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-10083-0-02136600-1369021053.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-10083-0-21604100-1369021209.jpg

Rod - I deleted the first post that didn't show. Your others seem to have come out well - so everything must be OK ?

Your latest helmets and badges are really of a very high quality - and at their age, must be rare. I am sure members will

enjoy seeing them. Do you still find any of these in shops - or is it that people know you are a top collector ? Mervyn

Thanks Mervyn

You dont find many items in shops these days I swap or barter with other collectors, and I belong to a few collecting clubs that helps alot. as being a top collector I have never thaught of myself like that thanks for the compliment .

cheers Rod

Australian armed forces Police Badges http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-10083-0-97189900-1369096665.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-10083-0-05595600-1369096712.jpg

top left Army Police, middle Raaf police, right Navy Police, bottom three Raaf police

blue enamel navel breast badge three in middle navy dock police , last navy police id badge