News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I was thinking of illustrating the "last stand" on Manchester Hill, 21st March 1918. This would include the soldiers from 16th Bn Manchester Regiment, serving in the British 30th Division. As a guy who takes his background research seriously, what sort of insignia would they be wearing at the time?

From another forum, I was told that the 16th Bn insignia was a vertical rectangle halved horizontally, top half bright yellow and the lower half dark green, worn on the left shoulder. Was this the case in March 1918?

The 30th Divisional patch was the black & white Earl of Derby (Lord Stanley) family crest, but I think this apperared later in 1918?

Any extra information would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

• 5 months later...

I was thinking of illustrating the "last stand" on Manchester Hill, 21st March 1918. This would include the soldiers from 16th Bn Manchester Regiment, serving in the British 30th Division. As a guy who takes his background research seriously, what sort of insignia would they be wearing at the time?

From another forum, I was told that the 16th Bn insignia was a vertical rectangle halved horizontally, top half bright yellow and the lower half dark green, worn on the left shoulder. Was this the case in March 1918?

The 30th Divisional patch was the black & white Earl of Derby (Lord Stanley) family crest, but I think this apperared later in 1918?

Any extra information would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

try asking on the Manchester Regiment forum :rolleyes: