News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

South Vietnam Medals, badges

bmsm

A great group and pretty comprehensive! Can we presume that the U.S. medals are included because they are Vietnamese made? The U.S. RVN Campaign looks like it may be one of the aluminum, uniface versions.

This is great stuff! Could you please make close ups of each, with their label? Are some of the higher awards really difficult to find and costly to procure?

What is that medal in the first photo, upper left corner? It looks like the US Viet Nam Service Campaign medal. Also, the US National Defense Service Medal in in there too... These were not ARVN medals, although I can see why you included them.

A great group and pretty comprehensive! Can we presume that the U.S. medals are included because they are Vietnamese made? The U.S. RVN Campaign looks like it may be one of the aluminum, uniface versions.

The RVN Campaign medal in the picture is too heavy to be made out of Aluminum. Look in my topic "South Vietnam Insignia Advertisement " for a close up of this medal.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

When I purchased these South Vietnamese medals several years back, I had to buy the whole group at one time. I could see there were two or three with the incorrect ribbon but bought all "as is". I will start off with the ones with the incorrect ribbon.

ADMINISTRATINE SERVICE MEDAL. There are faint traces of gold color on the medal which would have made it 1st Class with the correct ribbon. The medal is Vietnamese made.

Bob

Vietnamese Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with incorrect ribbon. There is a number written on the reverse of the medal by the previous owner for his inventory purpose.

Bob