News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 80
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mravery,

A couple of very fine Henry the Lion pieces you have there. Your badge is a late Siebrecht piece - hence the ?S? mark. The real giveaway though is that classic Siebrecht horse. When I say a late Siebricht piece, I am referring to the fact that the side decoration on the center medallion is in the post 1907 style; and since Siebrecht lost the contract to Jurgens in 1912, there is a rather narrow window (1907-1912) for date of manufacture of this particular badge.

My guess is that your star is a little, older - I would date it around 1880-1900 (any help out there?). You probably know all of this and I apologize for rambling off on it; but this order really gets me going. Again, very fine pieces - congratulations and best wishes.

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

Hi mravery,

A couple of very fine Henry the Lion pieces you have there. Your badge is a late Siebrecht piece - hence the ?S? mark. The real giveaway though is that classic Siebrecht horse. When I say a late Siebricht piece, I am referring to the fact that the side decoration on the center medallion is in the post 1907 style; and since Siebrecht lost the contract to Jurgens in 1912, there is a rather narrow window (1907-1912) for date of manufacture of this particular badge.

My guess is that your star is a little, older - I would date it around 1880-1900 (any help out there?). You probably know all of this and I apologize for rambling off on it; but this order really gets me going. Again, very fine pieces - congratulations and best wishes.

Wild Card

Hey Wild Card,

Thanks for the great info..... !!!!

I kind of figured that the badge and star were different periods (one gold and the other gilt) but I did not know about the 07-12 date range.....

Thanks to Andreas.. he mentioned the difference in the horses tail (one up and the other down) but I'm not famillar with the 'side decoration' that you mentioned. Can you ellaborate ?

To the moderators... do you want to keep this discussion here.. or create a new thread to discuss the order ?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark -

With regard to your question/suggestion (good idea) in post #57, above, I have made arrangements to have some pieces delivered which I think will help to illustrate the developmental changes to the Henry the Lion Order. It will take at least one day for them to get home; but once they arrive, I will start a separate thread for this subject.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Beautiful Bars, Gentlemen!

Christophe, is your SEHO a Second or First Class? I note the swords are the so-called French Style. The White Falcon has the other style of swords commonly seen. Does anyone know when/where the French style swords were used on the SEHO?

Hi Ramblinfarms,

The SEHO is the second class with X (in silver). For the first class it is in gold

I usually use the following abreviation to describe the medals:

EK2 : iron cross 2nd class

EH3bX : knight cross 2nd class with X of the Ernestine House Order

SF3bX : knight cross 2nd class with X of the White Falcon of Saxe Weimar

I will see if I have a date for the using of the french swords.

Regards

Christophe