News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Uniforms...all nations

What is more beautiful than a cuff rank tunic and leather getup...

A Captain in the York and lancaster... he spent the war in the USA as part of the armaments commission, came back in 1918 and joined the intelligence Corps in France for the last 3 months. I assume also for munitions work and did not see any fighting. Need some officers York and lancaster collar badges to finish it...

Sgt from the 5th Div. Summer tunic.

Hi Chris, are you sure that this isn't the 4th Division? The 5th is the red diamond, and this looks like the ivy leaves of the 4th. Scott.

I forgot to add, beautiful displays!!!

Edited by 2xvetran

Hi Chris, are you sure that this isn't the 4th Division? The 5th is the red diamond, and this looks like the ivy leaves of the 4th. Scott.

I forgot to add, beautiful displays!!!

Sorry, right you are... have 5th Div in my head because of a silver star group.

4th Div it is!

Sorry, right you are... have 5th Div in my head because of a silver star group.

4th Div it is!

I just sold a nice 4th ID helmet from WWI on E-Pay about a month ago... I had 5th ID on my mind as I did 2 years with them in the 1980s. "RED DEVILS!" Scott.

Chris, Great uniforms, history and write ups. I will try to post mine. I don't have a lot of WW1, But I do have 3 to the US Army, and one to a California Naval Militia Officer. The Naval Militia Officer Lt. Adolph Berry Adam - I wrote a post on under "The Recipients Story". He was Naval so may not belong here. Captain Albert

See: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41100 .

Here's a beauty of a group to a Corporal Perry Thompson of the 301st Engineers. Interestingly, he was a photographer before the War, and during the War was the Company's official photographer! Needless to say, there are dozens of loose photos, and then a packed photo album of very-well-shot photographs of them during the War and on occupation duty. Fascinating. Also, the helmet has the mintiest liner I've ever seen

Very nice guys and well displayed! Chris thanks for showing the named German tunics with the history. I have found that on this side of the pond, obtaining a german Dunkelblau or Field-grey tunic with a history is darn near impossible. Thanks a ton for showing these.

I was going to post some but the forum was down yesterday, I will post mine this weekend.

Do we want just Army types, or do we want to show air service as well?

Uniform, cap, squadron pin to 1LT Bill Doran. Bill was assigned to the 99th Aero Squadron flying Salmson 2A2's during the war. He was at one point, withdrawn from the squadron to Corps level along with 3 other pilot/observer teams from teh 99th, and 4 pilots from the 104th Aero Squadron. These pilots were assigned to the 37 division for recon of their sector during the Argonne offensive. This detachment was, as far as I can tell, then assigned to the 32nd and 3rd Division's sectors for the remainder of the battle.

Edited by Chris Liontas