News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Uniforms...all nations

• 1 year later...

Hunyadi : The hungarian tunic showed is a cavalry one , the gold and black achselschlinge on the left shoulder denotes that .cavalry or at least mounted branch . Chris : the ugliest combination of colours was long time the one of the infantry in the Ejercito Argentino . in fact the green is still the distinctive colour of the infantry and is used with the service uniform by officers NCOs and to certain extent enlisted men . Our infantrymen were fierce of  ther colur their fellows of cavalry and artillery chance with the green cavalrymen said : our colur is of blood and earth , their is of spinachs and so on Cavalry colour is madder red here called grance . 

• 11 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Very nice for what I have seen, so far!

Here is how Belgium started the war.

Here is a veterinary  of the Garde Civique (sort of home guard/national guard). Very soon dismantled after the war, because the Germans didn't see them as regular army men, and didn't take them prisoner, they were shot on site when caught.

The color of uniform and helmet is dark green, the helmet misses his spike (actually it broke of, I still have it), the next helmet is black and shows how it should be.

Got a regular army lancer as well, but need to find his pic.

gcc.jpg

gccc.jpg

• 8 months later...

Some from a display I just disassembled a couple of weeks ago. This is the Michigan Military Heritage Museum which I started about two years ago. It was our WWI Centennial exhibit. Now we are working on the 75th of WWII. There are a lot more pics on our Facebook page if anyone is interested. Its just Michigan Military Heritage Museum on Facebook.     Scott

MMHM1.jpg

MMHM2.JPG

MMHM3.png

MMHM4.jpg

6 hours ago, UNR1917 said:

The first Ukrainian military formations within the Austro-Hungarian Empire!

Hello, Since ever i am an appasionate of the History of the Austro Hungarian Empire and sice i read The White Guard , the Novel of Bulgakov ,interested in Ucrainian History. thanks for the video althoug I dont understand Ucrainian .some knowledge of the facts i have

• 2 years later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 25/08/2021 at 03:42, Stuka f said:

A rare Belgian transitional cap;

RIMG9293 (2).JPG

RIMG9294 (2).JPG

RIMG9297 (2).JPG

I thik that the cap is not a transitional cap but a cap for Cyclist normally weared with goggles . your transitional caps were normally pillbox type forage caps in blue with red band to which some sort of peak was crudely added giving to the Infantry soldiers a unsoldierly appareance according to the words of General de Selliers the Belgian chief of staff at the beggining of the war

Hiya, 

My 2 cents.

1.jpg.5d74dbb41953df07d72734c7accebc7c.jpg

Japanese officers summer (left) and winter (right) uniform from Taisho period (july 30th 1912 - december 25th 1926)

2.jpg.c93dec1ce7f0308b07010f3684f179ce.jpg

Japanese private summer (left) and winter (right) uniform from Taisho period (july 30th 1912 - december 25th 1926)

Marcon1

• 5 months later...
    On 14/08/2021 at 14:01, Boris said:

Soft-SD-cap

Different linings for the soft cup. Cloth"Gabardine"

First lining made with gabardine and band of cotton.

Second lining made with "sarga" or serge with interior lining of "american cloth" and cotton band. As you can see, the american clothe is make of somekind of water proof

clothe.

Third  lining made with "sarga" or serge with interior lining of "american cloth" and flannel band. 

'American cloth' seems to have been the term used for what I know as 'oilcloth' - a dense weave cotton, treated on one side with oil or even tar to render it waterproof.

I have a reproduction of a second pattern 'soft' cap which came with just such lining, but I eventually ripped it out because, while waterproof, it was hellish hot to wear in the summertime and tended, over time, to leave black streaks on my head.  I'm not sure if that part is historically accurate but wouldn't be surprised. ;)

The Repro. was made by What Price Glory, a US company whose WWI kit is well researched and well made and by and large very accurate. :)

Peter 

On 14/08/2021 at 14:01, Boris said:

• 10 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...