News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

20th HUSSARS

I am new to this forum and am wondering if anyone can help me in searching for information on my Grandfather Henry William Bailey who served with the 20th Hussars before WW1.

I believ he was born around 1878 as on his marriage certificate he states he is 36 and that was 1915. He married Beatrice Maud Earing nee Carpenter in April 1915. His father on the certificate was recorded as Harry Bailey Gas Works forman.

I believe he served with the 20th Hussars as I have a photograph of him in uniform and the badge on the cap is that of the 20th Hussars.

I wonder if anyone has access to the records who might help with this, I am having trouble finding his brth information and so cant go back further with this chap, proving to be very frustrating, living in Australia probably doesnt help.

If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it

thanks

veabea

• 2 years later...

Hello!

I was interested to note your post about Henry Bailey in the 20th Hussars. My great grandfather, Herbert Hallett (Pictured on my profile) was born in 1880 and also served in the 20th hussars, so I think we may be looking for similar information! I'm finding it difficult to piece all the information together at the moment, I know that Herbert Hallett was killed in the first battle of Ypres in October 1914, but I'm not sure when he joined the army. What information/photos do you have on yout grandfather?