News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Turkish Sanayi (industry) Medal

Sergio

Dear Gents!

Sometimes Turkish Gold and Silver Sanayi (industry) Medals are found in german medal bars. Is there anybody knows what the criteria were for awarding of German soldiers by Sanayi Medal in the First World War? For what merits and for what category of military men they were intended?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Sergio ,

That Medal which was called Sanayi (Industry) Medal and also Iftihar Medal ( PRIDE Medal) because of in 1853 there was the first Iftihar Medal made ,

not mix the one which you mentioned here , we usually call it here in Turkey as Iftihar ve Sanayi Medal. This one which we are talking about started to be awarded

from 1883 - 84 .

What i wish to explain here is , this medal one of the most popular medal in the German Bars after the Medal of Merit because it was not Only awarded for Industrial fields ,

as you can understand from the name , it was also warded for the service and help to the Ottoman Empire and also to the Sultan , Valor and heroism.

Please do not think that it is an only Industry Medal.

All the best ,

Avsar IBAR

Ps: I feel like the gold Iftihar Sanayi Medal in your second picture , in the bar is a later Gold Plated Silver one.

Dear Sergio ,

That Medal which was called Sanayi (Industry) Medal and also Iftihar Medal ( PRIDE Medal) because of in 1853 there was the first Iftihar Medal made ,

not mix the one which you mentioned here , we usually call it here in Turkey as Iftihar ve Sanayi Medal. This one which we are talking about started to be awarded

from 1883 - 84 .

What i wish to explain here is , this medal one of the most popular medal in the German Bars after the Medal of Merit because it was not Only awarded for Industrial fields ,

as you can understand from the name , it was also warded for the service and help to the Ottoman Empire and also to the Sultan , Valor and heroism.

Please do not think that it is an only Industry Medal.

All the best ,

Avsar IBAR

Ps: I feel like the gold Iftihar Sanayi Medal in your second picture , in the bar is a later Gold Plated Silver one.

Many thanks for your info! beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

• 3 years later...

I would like to get some information regarding of an Ottoman Empire Iftihar ve Sanayi Medal, which has an inscription on the reverse named to "Graf Ferdinand"

I would appreciate all those Collectors,who can help me to find more information about Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin honored with this medal.Like pictures,paper work..

Hello,

The Iftihar and Sanayi Medal (1302- 1884) can be translated as "Pride, Gratification, Fine Arts and Industry" and it was awarded to civilian and military personnel who showed valor and gallantry and loyalty to the Empire as well as people who showed accomplishments in industry, fine arts and crafts and agriculture.

As is known Ferdinand Adolf Heinrich August Graf von Zeppelin (also known as Ferdinand Graf von Zeppelin, Graf Zeppelin and in English, Count Zeppelin) (8 July 1838 – 8 March 1917) was a German general and later aircraft manufacturer. He founded the Zeppelin Airship company. He was born in Konstanz, Grand Duchy of Baden (now part of Baden-Württemberg, Germany). (Wikipedia) Wikipedia do not mentioned this award under his other orders and medals list.

Although he was dead before the end of the war he must have receive the medal for his outstanding achievement.

It would be very interesting to find more as you say pictures and especially the document for this medal.

Thanks for bringing this subject to our attention.

Demir