News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Partisan Badge

Stogieman

• Replies 206
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops! Forgot to mention.... very neat with the "recycled" metal...... have you figured out what it was before it became a Partisan badge??

Well I believe I have solved the mystery of what my badge may have been in its former life.

My theory is that it was made from some scrap metal that was used for test strikes in the manufacture of other medals etc.

My reason for thinking this is that the markings on my badge match perfectly with the markings of the enameled ring on the honorary medal of combat.

I measured them and they are a perfect match. Not only the size of the pattern but also the diameter/arc of the medal is a perfect match.

Well it's just a theory.

My camera just died on me so please excuse the rather bad picture.

JC

• 1 month later...

The next pages have no stamps or dates, only text, posting them anyway as apparently no other samples have been posted before. And hoping someday someone will be able to translate all this for us... ;)

Pages 7 and 8.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

So . . . are we (the apparently few survivors on this forum?) happy with this structure (until we know more?):

Type 1.1 (screwback, numbered); Low = ??/High = 37

Type 1.2 (screwback, unnumbered)

Type 2.1 (pinback, numbered); Low = 4/High = 574

Type 2.2 (pinback, numbered, made of ?recycled? materials); Low = 77/High = 89

???

Edited by Ed_Haynes

So . . . are we (the apparently few survivors on this forum?) happy with this structure (until we know more?):

Type 1.1 (screwback, numbered); Low = ??/High = 37

Type 1.2 (screwback, unnumbered)

Type 2.1 (pinback, numbered); Low = 4/High = 574

Type 2.2 (pinback, numbered, made of ?recycled? materials); Low = 77/High = 89

???

Yeah, long time no posts on this Mongolian awards forum!... :unsure:

As for your Types & Variations list above it seems ok! Two Types with two Variations each seems to be just fine.

Dolf (the other survivor :lol: )

Edited by Dolf

Yes we have indeed slowed down a little have we not.

Well it was to be expected, since this was the first place we could share information we just raced through all questions and answers we had on hand.

Many questions have been answered, many remain, but these are the hard ones, of course.

Some might even need the help of the Mongolian government to be resolved, others are about items so seldomly seen or so prohibitively expensive that thourough investigation and research, are hard.

Anyway, I'm cooking up a few new ideas for new threads, but I have little time recently, and resizing all those pix demands just that, ... but soon :cool:

Yes we have indeed slowed down a little have we not.

Well it was to be expected, since this was the first place we could share information we just raced through all questions and answers we had on hand.

Many questions have been answered, many remain, but these are the hard ones, of course.

Some might even need the help of the Mongolian government to be resolved, others are about items so seldomly seen or so prohibitively expensive that thourough investigation and research, are hard.

Anyway, I'm cooking up a few new ideas for new threads, but I have little time recently, and resizing all those pix demands just that, ... but soon :cool:

I have been struggling with the various aimag badges . . . grrrrr.

We watchers are plentiful, but having nothing really significant to add..... If I post oos & ahhs it apparently irritates my (Truly) Evil Twin? who is still gnashing his teeth over my slightly larger post count.

The thing I guess I'm waiting/hoping for is someone who can actually read the Uigar script to come forward, join us and enlighten us all!!

............................................................................................................................................................

The thing I guess I'm waiting/hoping for is someone who can actually read the Uigar script to come forward, join us and enlighten us all!!

We DO have (for about a month now) one member that can do it... amazingly he just never posted yet despite my requests... :P

Hope he will find the time and will one of these days... ;)

Dolf :beer:

Edited by Dolf

• 1 month later...

While in UB, I saw -- but was unable to purchase -- a very late document for this award, one from 1963 (!?). What is even more interesting is that it was in Cyrillic, and I was able to get a generic translation of the text from one of our UB friends.

The handwritten note inside the front cover read:

"Since Partisan [name] passed away, his partisan booklet is given as an inheritance to his wife [name]."

And the text:

"[date]

MONGOLIAN PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC

PARTISAN COMMITTEE

On [date] the recipient of this booklet [name], born in [place], is recognised as an active particpant in the Sukhbaatar partisan movement [?] in 1921 in the fight for the independence of the Mongolia People's Republic against foreign intervention and the feudalists.

For the honor of being a partisan this booklet is given with other priviliges.

State Khurall, head of partisan committee, [name]

Mongolian People's Republic 1921 Partisan Rule

1. The partisan's identification booklet will only be given to a participant in the 1921 partisan movement from a State Khural partisan's committee.

2. To prove participation in active partisan combat and in order to receive the booklet the partisan must submit proof of actually having been a partisan by providing documentary material or testimony by at least three people with whom he fought during the partisan struggle.

3. The partisan's booklet must have a photo ID and should be only for personal use.

Privileges of Partisan

1. If the partisan loses the ability to work when he gets old and does not have a caretaker, the government will be responsible to provide a pension.

2. On request of the partisan he may present a request for the pension to the residential district authorities and from them to the State Khural.

3. A partisan who does not receive a pension from government who experiences a sudden emergency will be able to receive a one-time payment of 600-1200 Tugrics.

4. Partisans residing in public apartments will have a 50% discount on monthly rent.

5. Partisans who are moving from the city to the countryside or from the countryside to the city will have the privilege of free transportation once a year; public transport in the city will also be free.

6. Partisans will be excused government tax.

7. After the death of the partisan his family will have the privilege to apply for help from the government.

8. Partisans owning livestock will have a 20% reduction on livestock taxes.

9. Partisans will be served in expedited order in shops, hospitals, and public offices."

Interesting??

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Guest Rick Research

I like the provision of actual, useful, TANGIBLE benefits to awards--

a concept which should be expanded to our part of the world. :beer: