News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Partisan Badge

Stogieman

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 206
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

The badge is indeed the Partisan badge, and not anti-partisan.

The one in Dr B's book is a unique piece with this special "recycled" metal reverse.

Hope this helps

Jan

I just got my badge in and and interestingly mine also has this "recycled" reverse. The serial number is #77 and the one pictured in Dr.B's book is #89.

So . . . does this now mean something like this?

Type 1.1 (screwback, numbered); Low = ??/High = 37

Type 1.2 (pinback, numbered); Low = 4/High = 574

Type 1.3 (pinback, numbered, made of ?recycled? materials); Low = 77/High = 89

Type 2 (screwback, unnumbered)

PS- I find these implicit "numbers issued" interesting, as, historically, there weren't more that 500 partisans with Sukhbaatar (commander) and Choibalsan (commissar) in 1921. I profoundly doubt all of them lived to get these badges (in the 1940s?), as Choibalsan had had his own special version of purges. Once again, we need to know much more . . . !

Interesting points Ed......... is there any documentation out there as to how many of these guys actually fought?

I keep looking. The whole events gets so wrapped up in the ongoing revolutionary re-writing of history that it is hard to sort things out (especially as Choibalsan contrived to write Sukhbaatar, Demid, and all others out of history after their, ahem, "untimely deaths"). The raids on Khaigt and Urga do come across as a couple of short nasty horseback actions, kind of a "Ghengis-Khan Moment".

So . . . does this now mean something like this?

Type 1.1 (screwback, numbered); Low = ??/High = 37

Type 1.2 (pinback, numbered); Low = 4/High = 574

Type 1.3 (pinback, numbered, made of ?recycled? materials); Low = 77/High = 89

Type 2 (screwback, unnumbered)

Ed,

Why do you call the Screwback unnumbered type, the Type 2?

As far as I know, chronologically all screwbacks are older than all pinbacks. Am I wrong?

So, shouldn't the screwback unnumbered type be Type 1.2, then the pinback numbered Type 2.1 and the pinback numbered made of "recycled" materials be Type 2.2 instead?

Just my two cents,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Just an observation; most of the pinbacks posted in this thread appear to have a stamped serial number whereas mine and Dr.Bs both have hand engraved serial numbers at the 5 o'clock position.

The stamped numbers all appear to be at the 6 postition.

Just an observation; most of the pinbacks posted in this thread appear to have a stamped serial number whereas mine and Dr.Bs both have hand engraved serial numbers at the 5 o'clock position.

The stamped numbers all appear to be at the 6 postition.

Right! I noticed that!

Do we have more sub-variations here?!... :unsure:

My displays already lack of space, and my wallet lacks of $$ for all these variations and sub-variations... :rolleyes:

Dolf

The numbering on mine. At 6-o'clock.

Ed,

Yours seems to be a stamped serial number at 6 o'clock as most I've seen.

Apparently the exceptions are for those pinback recycle materials type, as the one posted by "fjcp" and the one on Dr. Battushig's book, C 05-R, with hand engraved serial numbers at the 5 o'clock position!

Dolf