News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Star of Pakistan

ilja559

That's an exceptionally nice order, congratulations on adding it to your collection.

This is me turning green with envy cheeky.gif

Cheers

Brian

It is very beautiful, how many classes were issued??love.gif

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

I can find no mention of this Civil Award in any of my material, however, it may very well be newer than my data which is quite dated. The decorations and medals of Pakistan are not all that well documented, at least not here in the West. I know there is a new book in the works but when it will be published is not know at this time.

Regards

Brian

Hi Lorenzo,

I can find no mention of this Civil Award in any of my material, however, it may very well be newer than my data which is quite dated. The decorations and medals of Pakistan are not all that well documented, at least not here in the West. I know there is a new book in the works but when it will be published is not know at this time.

Regards

Brian

Thank you for the update, I hope some thing comes out, I have a few older Pakistani friends who served in the Pakistan army but hate talking about the history.

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

Regards

Brian

It is also not mentioned in my book published by Pakistani Army in the '80's. Perhaps it was discontinued?

The certificate shows that it was awarded in 1981. Wehrlich states that it was instituted in 1957 for military or civil services of the highest distinction to the State. Comes in four classes and can be awarded to foreigners.

Recipients are entitled to use post-nominal initials following their names, in similar fashion to the British orders.

Names of the classes are:

Nishan-i-Imtiaz (Banner of Pakistan) - N. Pk

Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Crescent of Pakistan) - H. Pk.

Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Star of Pakistan) - S. Pk.

with an accompanying medal Tamgha-i-Pakistan - T. Pk

It's too bad Ed has left us; he'd doubtless have more to say.

Best,

Hugh

It is also not mentioned in my book published by Pakistani Army in the '80's. Perhaps it was discontinued?

The certificate shows that it was awarded in 1981. Wehrlich states that it was instituted in 1957 for military or civil services of the highest distinction to the State. Comes in four classes and can be awarded to foreigners.

Recipients are entitled to use post-nominal initials following their names, in similar fashion to the British orders.

Names of the classes are:

Nishan-i-Imtiaz (Banner of Pakistan) - N. Pk

Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Crescent of Pakistan) - H. Pk.

Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Star of Pakistan) - S. Pk.

with an accompanying medal Tamgha-i-Pakistan - T. Pk

It's too bad Ed has left us; he'd doubtless have more to say.

Best,

Hugh

Thanks for the information Hugh.

Re: Ed. I was thinking that ever same thought as well.

Regards

Brian

• 4 months later...

A beautiful addition to your collection Ilja! The Order of Pakistan was established in 1957 as the country's top order. It still exists but in 1986 it was completely redesigned and it is now an award for foreign nationals only. Yours is the third class of the order (out of four), the Sitara-e-Pakistan which means "Star of Pakistan," the pre-1986 type.

Lukasz

The Order of Pakistan has gone through 3 forms, this is - as Lukasz says - the 3rd class of the first version, awarded from the institution of the order in 1957 up to 1975.

See my http://www.medals.org.uk/pakistan/pakistan003.htm for the 2nd and 4th classes. Don't have a picture of the third class, so nice to see it here!

The second version was used 1975-86, when it took on the current form.

Hello Gentlemen,this is a Hilal I Pakistan (2nd Class of Order of Pakistan).Insignia of the 1st type 1957-75.

Reverse is unnamed on mine,but I had the one of Maurice Couve de Murville in hands (Spink april 2006) and his Hilal I Pakistan was named on reverse.

One year ago there was an ebay seller in Pakistan that had a small soft cover booklet on Pakistan awards (he had only 20 books) and he sold them very fast.In this books were also the Orders of Bahawalpur.

Regards.

Emmanuel

post-5264-002835400 1293761350_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...