News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting your badge. As I expected a nice fine original, just unissued (I haven't seen any evidence that they have been copied yet but I do like to check just in case :P ). All of these are hard to find & quite rare, issued pieces are doubly hard to locate.......

Here are a few that I've been lucky to find recently. All of these were issued (to different contestants).

post-116-1208599970.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I thought I had owned the badge I posted above but the dealer had sold it even tho I was waiting for it a Month!

BUT I seen this on a auction site and had to bid to win, I know some of you guys were bidding on it too :) But this one is an Issued one, #45!! can you tell me who won this one please??

thanks greg koepp

post-3434-1210830363.jpg

I'm sorry to say that #45 in 1943 wasn't issued either. For some reason none of the 8 numbers between #37 & #47 were awarded that year.

In fact looking at the early double figure numbers for all the years (1941-1944), quite a number do not seem to have been issued for some unknown reason.......

Sorry

Don

• 1 month later...

Through a trade deal, I have acquired my first example. Allow me to get my loop. :rolleyes: It's that small I can not read the writing on the front. :unsure: Meistersch?tze 1943.

Non magnetic zinc/alloy base metal. Brass pin and pin plate.

Obverse,

Reverse,

--dj--Joe

A nice find indeed Joe. These lapel versions of the larger numbered Meistersch?tze badges are almost as dificult to find as their big brothers.

As you can see by the pin, these were also originally gold in colour, but due to the base metel used are rarely found with their finish still intact.

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don. In these so many years of collecting this is the first Tirol example that has surfaced localy to my knowledge.

Should my funds improve I may have to actively search out a couple of enameled examples. :)

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Reverse.

--dj--Joe

Some added info. The badge measures 23mm. and is magnetic, the pin is not and I doubt the pin retaining plate is but I can not tell. The detail is present beneath the enamel, scanner did not pick it up.

Edited by --dj--Joe

• 1 year later...

Hi Pete,

Just a quick double check as the pic is a little small on my screen, is the year 1941?

If so, yes it was awarded to Hans Lenz from Innsbruck. He took part in all the shoots 1941 - '44, & was also awarded the 3 year Gaumeisterschütze badge & the 4 year spange.

A nice find, well done.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don, That was quick, yes it is 41 dated.

Well I guess I will have to try to buy this badge, lord knows what he wants, its in with a load of tinnies. Lets hope thats how he values it.

Regards,

Pete

Finally mine! (Which I promised a long time ago)

I have been collecting these for two years though not too actively. If there are some doubles those are my "trade"-pieces.

What cant see I need ;)

If one needs any detailed information on any of the ones on picture let me know.

Jani