News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Researched South African native

I just received the Service card and file papers for the South African Native NGOZWANA MOTIKITIKI Service # N77620. I have his 1939-1945 Star. He also earned The Italy Star, 1939-1945 War Medal and the Africa Service Medal.He entered Service on 22-2-43. He served first in the S.A.A.F. in the 227 Squadron.on 12/8/44 the 227 was redesignated 19 Sqadron.It appears that this young man spent 28 days in detention in 12/2/45. Campaigns include C.M.F., M.E.F., Union. From the documents he was with aircraft maintenance including a Bomber Maintenance unit.

There's more but I have to translate the scribble. A doctor must have filled out his service record.

I am very pleased with the research and can't wait to start my next project.

I received these from a very kind gentleman in Northcliff, South Africa. I would have posted copies of his service record but, the scans exceed the size limit.