News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MANCHUKUO ORDER OF THE AUSPICIOUS CLOUDS THIRD CLASS

Richard LaTondre

Prices of Manchurian items seem to have jumped considerably in recent months. I was outbid this week on a group of Manchurian award certificates, nothing scarce, which went for double what I would have expected to pay 12 months ago. Just as well I bought almost all the medals and orders years ago when there was little interest in them !

Prices of Manchurian items seem to have jumped considerably in recent months. I was outbid this week on a group of Manchurian award certificates, nothing scarce, which went for double what I would have expected to pay 12 months ago. Just as well I bought almost all the medals and orders years ago when there was little interest in them !

Well it certainly appears to be the case and congrats on your earlier buys.

Dick

Paul,

Besides rising prices in general, I'm starting to notice a slow down of the Japanese awards being offered on eBay as well. Used to be you would see pages of cased awards in near mint condition every week and now, it's older, lower conditioned items with the higher-grade mint pieces commanding higher prices when they do appear.

Perhaps we are beginning to see the end to great deals?sad.gif

Tim

One on Yahoo Japan earlier this year went for ¥158,000 with case and lapel rosette, I think the ribbon was a replacement, but it was very good overall condition. Another in good condition with case and rosette went for ¥201,000. A complete piece this last month in good shape and complete went for ¥102,005. This one for over $2000? Well, I think things just kinda go up and down over the short haul. I've seen some very basic items sell for way more than they normally do, and some really nice pieces that I kick myself for not buying as the final price was just too low for what the thing was!! You gotta look at the buyer in the high cases - noobism often seems to be a factor. :lol: