News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Plates of Uniforms of Dress regulations of 1900

Dear,

I'm very much interested on the Uniforms of British army specially Victorian period.............. I want plates of Uniforms of Provost Marshal, Army Medical Corps, Royal Military College and Military Mounted Police of Dress Regulations of 1900......Can anyone help me...........

Shams

Shams,

there is a rather nice publication called British Uniform Pattern Book 1886 or Jones's Tailors Pattern Book 1886 which contains several full colour plates of uniforms of 1886. Unfortunately for you it only has one of the uniforms that you specify and that is a Surgeon, Medical Staff.

It is a D P & G reprint http://www.military-...ges_colours.htm and I notice that they now accept PayPal. When I got my copy they only accepted a UK cheque and only gave out their postal address! I had to get a friend in England to buy it and then ship it out to me.

Stuart

Edited by Stuart Bates

(Makes long arm to bookcase behind me...)

I have a reprint of the Dress Regulations for Officers of the British Army (including the Militia) 1900 which includes a lot of black & white plates.

It was published by Arms & Armour Press in 1969, reprinted 1980 and the ISBN is 0-85368-044-2.

I think I bought it sometime about 1989, there's a A&AP sticker in it for £15 which has been crossed out and a price of £7.50 pencilled in. If memory serves, it came from the National Army Museum gift shop in London.

Dear Stuart and Megan,

I live in Bangladesh....In my country, Dress Regulations for the officers of the army 1900, 1891, 1883 and 1857 are not available....Moreover I have tried to collect these books but couldn't......In my country there are a lot of problem need to face for making a credit card, so that I can use it to purchase these books.......For these reason I have asked for the plates......Can you help me anyway.....I'm very much interested on these books.......

Thanks

Shams

Are you saying that you can't purchase the book from another country? Can you not pay by International Cheque, money order etc. if Credit Cards are a problem?

For example, when I searched the cheapest one I found was on Amazon.com but there are plenty out there http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=ch29tRI.3jT2fMzZ1Hb3hATYJDQ_2048482338_1:92:563&bq=author%3Dwar%2520office%26title%3Ddress%2520regulations%2520for%2520the%2520officers%2520of%2520the%2520army%2520including%2520militia%25201900

The plates do not scan! I have tried and the results are worthless, but perhaps someone has a better scanner than mine. My copy is a reprint from 1970 and therefore may be subject to copyright.

Stuart

Shams,

all banks accept MICR encoded cheques but your cheque would have to be made out in the currency of the seller's country i.e. if Biblio seller is in the US then US dollars, if UK then Pounds Sterling. In other words you can't send a personal cheque but one raised by your bank i.e. an International (sometimes called a cashier's) cheque.

Good luck.

Stuart

• 5 months later...

Are you saying that you can't purchase the book from another country? Can you not pay by International Cheque, money order etc. if Credit Cards are a problem?

For example, when I searched the cheapest one I found was on Amazon.com but there are plenty out there http://www.bookfinde...ilitia%25201900

The plates do not scan! I have tried and the results are worthless, but perhaps someone has a better scanner than mine. My copy is a reprint from 1970 and therefore may be subject to copyright.

Stuart

STUART: Greetings & Salutations! Went to half.com and got a copy for under Ten U.S. Dollars and will probaboy have no trouble scanning it. Reprint copyrights are questionablr at best and if you are not trying to sell copies and its seen only here, not a lot to worry over, Stuart! See my website: http://picasaweb.google.com/booker1942?feat=email (Booker's Free Web Library) and download whatever you want there for free! Got the other years very low priced, they're out there if you keep looking! I paid by PayPal! Books from the U.K. have a higher postal rate, sometimes they ship a gross of them to a branch in the U.S.A. to reduce excessive postage from an East Coast address. See http://www.archive.org and see http://www.scribd.com for free PDF books you can download free that have no copyright. Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga (booker1942@yahoo.com) :catjava:

Hi Herbert,

I am of the old school and am always cognisant of copyright issues, probably too much. But having written a few articles for magazines and authored a book on the Wolseley helmet as well as co-authored a book on Military Sun Helmets I remain wary of thieves ;)

best regards,

Stuart

Hi Herbert,

I am of the old school and am always cognisant of copyright issues, probably too much. But having written a few articles for magazines and authored a book on the Wolseley helmet as well as co-authored a book on Military Sun Helmets I remain wary of thieves ;)

best regards,

Stuart

Dear Stuart: All of the books I scan are usually no later than 1945, except government printed books to 1967, public domain on those! Speaking of copyrights, someone I gave a copy of my on book was copyrighted later by the recipient of my book, needless to say, someone will take a book long past copyright and add a page or two of their own and call it their's. Bannerman Catalogue was reprinted by many different printers and all claim copyright, but which one is legitimate? If you do not advertise a copy and you give them away, probably shant get on the radar screen? What with anarchy all around us and laws being ignored worldwide and a breakdown in enforcement or too people there to take on each case? In my case I get social security benefits and only the government can take it, not the other agencies of private and local government. I am 68 years old in poor health due to type II disbetes and on borrowed time, incarceration in a penal institution or a nursing home, about the same! I do not scan anything that is under sixty years old or was public domain like government documents except for restricted, of course! Gave away at least 350 CD disks of scans of pictures of insignia and uniforms and paid postage myself, of course don't get mail asking for these now? Still have unclaimed boxes of uniforms, equipment, militaria books, etc., no one asks for it now? Collectors favour paying dealers and sellers I reckon? But, for me its hard to comprehend how a public domain book by the British Government can be copyrighted, can you explain how that is possible, Stuart? Thanks! Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker in Tujunga :Cat-Scratch:

But, for me its hard to comprehend how a public domain book by the British Government can be copyrighted, can you explain how that is possible, Stuart?

Hi Herbert,

I just checked my reprint of the 1900 DRs and it has no copyright. Regardless, when I scanned a page the results were dreadful.

Best regards,

Stuart

Hi Herbert,

I just checked my reprint of the 1900 DRs and it has no copyright. Regardless, when I scanned a page the results were dreadful.

Best regards,

Stuart

Stuart: When I get mine, will try scanning it for you! Sarge Booker of Tujunga :Cat-Scratch: