News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello:

My vote is the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown. This ribbon bar looks like it may have possibly belonged to a naval officer?

"SPM"

banger.gif Iron Crown of course.... thanks SPM

Hello:

My vote is the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown. This ribbon bar looks like it may have possibly belonged to a naval officer?

"SPM"

I also agree with the Austian Order of the Iron Crown, but for edification, what leads us to believe it was a naval officer?

I only have Army Rangliste up to 1914. ID be out of the question with this combo?

In my opinion, it would be rather difficult to ID this Officer. The EK and FAK are of course wartime awards. Everything else is pre-war. The FAK is the award that to me opens the possibility of a naval connection. However, there are no China, DSWA, nor Colonial Campaign medals as one would usually expect on a naval bar with 1897 through 1914 service. There are also no Hanseatic City-State crosses. I would imagine that several Officers (naval and army) existed which had this combination.

If only Rick would return from his exile we could come out of the dark ages here on the forum!

A nice ribbon bar that looks original. So, be patient, an ID might be possible but not likely. Congratulations on a nice piece for your collection.

"SPM"

Luke,

Very nice bar you have there :jumping:

I agree with SPM about the last ribbon but the antepenultienne is not the FAK but the knight cross of House Duke Merit Order of the Peter Frederick Ludwig of Oldenburg (knight cross 2ne or 1st class I don't know). I think our man began the War with grade of Major or Oberstleutnant.

The back of this bar is a pure Godet style ribbon bar for infantry, not navy. It will be blue.

Christophe

Luke,

Very nice bar you have there :jumping:

I agree with SPM about the last ribbon but the antepenultienne is not the FAK but the knight cross of House Duke Merit Order of the Peter Frederick Ludwig of Oldenburg (knight cross 2ne or 1st class I don't know). I think our man began the War with grade of Major or Oberstleutnant.

The back of this bar is a pure Godet style ribbon bar for infantry, not navy. It will be blue.

Christophe

Excellent Christophe!

Does anyone know if there are PFLHO rolls out there? If so, this ribbon bar could be identified possibly. As the Army/Oldenburg PFLHO/Austrian Order of the Iron Crown combination narrows it down a bit more.

"SPM"

That would be fantastic if it was PFLHO

Should make it an easier project - hopefully rolleyes.gif

Excellent Christophe!

Does anyone know if there are PFLHO rolls out there? If so, this ribbon bar could be identified possibly. As the Army/Oldenburg PFLHO/Austrian Order of the Iron Crown combination narrows it down a bit more.

"SPM"

Hi Lorin,

" Does anyone know if there are PFLHO rolls out there?" I remember F. Beyreiß worked on that rolls, but, I'm not sure but I read something he is dead. I can't believe, so I need to see if it's true.

We can find this order in the RL 1914 but it will take some hours to find the exact name.

Christophe

I saw this bar as well and spent sometime trying to trace it and I also spoke to Rick about it. We both banged our heads against the wall and could not find him.

There was a comment about the China and SWA campaign ribbons being "usual". This is not the case. Both awards NK or K are rather uncommon on a bar.

• 6 years later...

Today I looked through the complete 1914 ranklist.

The closest combination I could find was 

Oberstleutnant von Petersdorff (Oldenburg Infanterie-Regiment 91)

RAO4, KO3, DAK,  OV3, SMV2

It should be, OV3c shouldn't it?

Edited by Nicolas7507