News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Close Combat Claps

Greetings.

My interest is mostly in WWII Soviet item. However, I do appreciate one of a kind item and would like to share something seen recently. The items do not belong to me and they are not for sale. For your viewing pleasure.

v/r

DN

Hello DJ,

Sorry I do not have any photos of the back of these items. They are not mine and I did not want to risk damaging them. He was kind enough to let me take some photos and I did not want to press my luck moving items that I can't afford. It would be my bad luck to drop that chunk of steel. If I meet him again, I will ask his permission to take more detailed photos.

v/r

DN

Hello DJ,

Sorry I do not have any photos of the back of these items. They are not mine and I did not want to risk damaging them. He was kind enough to let me take some photos and I did not want to press my luck moving items that I can't afford. It would be my bad luck to drop that chunk of steel. If I meet him again, I will ask his permission to take more detailed photos.

v/r

DN

Hello DJ,

v/r

DN

Well I will stay tuned and hope to see more of these, thanks for sharing!

DJ

Moderator,

Sorry, this is an area of interest that I am not familiar with so you can move my posting and photos to the appropriate area.

Again, these items belong to a collector who like to remain private. He has given me permission to post photos of the items that you are seeing. None of the items are for sale.

The die used to make the hat badge is on the shelf to the right side of the photo. These dies don't have any sort of maker marks/stamp on them. Made from very good quality steel and are really heavy.

v/r

DN

Excuse my ignorance about the process, but shouldn't a die be a mirror image of the badge?

Cheers Strapper

PS. Please ignore my comment, I see there are TWO sides on the hat Die. Silly me.......

Edited by Strapper

Excuse my ignorance about the process, but shouldn't a die be a mirror image of the badge?

Cheers Strapper

PS. Please ignore my comment, I see there are TWO sides on the hat Die. Silly me.......

Hi,

thanks for the pictures!

Strapper I think I understand the reason for your comment if stated for the CCC die.

The CCC is massive and the rear of the CCC has another die (with the maker mark on it for example). I think that this shown positive front side CCC was the original die used to make the negative die which in turn was used as press mold for the actual clasps.

Regards,

DJ

Hi,

thanks for the pictures!

Strapper I think I understand the reason for your comment if stated for the CCC die.

The CCC is massive and the rear of the CCC has another die (with the maker mark on it for example). I think that this shown positive front side CCC was the original die used to make the negative die which in turn was used as press mold for the actual clasps.

Regards,

DJ

DJ,

Thank you for the explanation. That was also explained to me but I forgot post it.

v/r

DN

• 5 years later...

Always nice to see! Especialy of those rare items.

I baught a entyre factory in the late '80 ties, ended up with 50.000 dies. Most weight like 0.5 to 1 kg.... One for a helmet crest is like 60 kg for one! And you need 4 for the making of the crest.

The factory was located in Antwerp and had  TR dies too, like several dies for the pith helmet shields.

Here is a bunch of rare Belgian air force badges. They are mine, but I took the pic from the net at random, because finding them here is like impossible. So if you want better pic's, you might have to wait ...a long time....

cheers

|<ris

matrijzen.jpg

Here is how a complete set of dies look like.

I have kept this one in a cabinet, because it  probably made the insigna I had on the beret when in service.

You got the die and couterpart, and the die that cuts the insigna out of the metal plate.

mat.jpg

matt.jpg

mattt.jpg

• 5 weeks later...