News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rare 1st Pattern Spange

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Got this one a while back for a pitance ... later found out it's a rather rare bird :

Edited by Darrell

Darrell,

Was this type determined to have been made by Juncker??

I love the expression on the eagles face. Fierce looking. So many spanges, like IAB's, have crappy looking heads.

This is really a nice, and unique piece.

Nice piece Darrell. This should have a second plate ( a large "washer" which goes between the screwplate and the back of the Spange ( like many Imperial EK1s), but they are usually missing. The example of this type I had some time back also had this washer missing.

No, this isn't the Juncker type. The Juncker type had a much better defined eagle, but both are desirable pieces.

Here is the Juncker type.

I was looking at this framed pic that I own and have only just noticed that the Hauptmann is wearing a first pattern EK2 spange.

Anyone else got a pic of 1st pattern bars being worn?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Dave B

Dave,

I'm going to have to start looking for some nice photos. They really dress up a display.

My next goal though, is a decent display cabinet. And that will be a compromise issue with the wife. wink.gif

Good luck with the wife Jim,I suggest a big expensive present to soften her up before you say you are getting a display cabinet!!

Here is a scan of the Leutnant,the framed photo is that big it wouldn't all fit in the scanner.

Dave

Edited by Dave B

Very nice. I am looking to add a spange to my collection but these things scare the hell out of me. I guess it is time to do some reasearch.

Al

Where did you say you lived again :ph34r: < just a new smilie test tongue.gif

Hi Al,

Welcome aboard. Spanges can be scarey. I have one example of each, and I made sure someone who knew what they were doing looked them over for me. I would sure like to get a nice 2nd class in a box though. The one I have is pretty worn, but a for sure vet acquired piece.

WOW!!!!! What can I say John but cheers mate :food-smiley-004: absolutely fantastic!!

If you get bored again I won't mind at all if you colour the Leutnant photo tongue.gifrolleyes.gif

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Dave B