News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small collection of ww2 technology

drspeck

This is an interesting piece, which came in only last week. This is a "Lichtpunktwerfer" from a "Jägerleitdienst", loosely translated as a light dot projector, an instrument to produce a dot of light for display on a map. A "Jägerleitdienst" is a fighter control station. Search google for more information.

Instruments in use can be seen on a period photo from a german fighter control station: search the german wikipedia (de.wikipedia.org) for the word "wehrmachthelferin". Based on the photo on wiki it can be deduced that my piece is incomplete, but still makes an awesome display piece :cheeky:

The piece is marked "dhq" and "2047 II". As for the 3 letter code; the German government tried to hide the names of the factories still in production.

They issued every factory with a unique code which was engraved on the instrument instead of the makers name and location.

One of the more complete lists with codes can be found here: http://www.radix.net...codes_full.html

According to this site, the code "dhq" stands for Moeller G.m.b.H., J.D., Wedel (Holst.)

A signalling device, marked on the back "Carl Zeiss JENA", number "169149", "No 2640" and "1934". There's also something like a WAA stamp but which has become illegible. The piece is complete, including the original cable, light fitting and light and inner mirror. The only minor point is that it has a cracked mirror, but this is also how I bought it... The signaller would use the lever on the front to open or close the device, which would show one or more dots or a larger opening.

Does anyone has more information on how these were used?

Water found naval Beta rotor from enigma machine, marked "B" for beta, "M10335" and the code "gfc".

See for a description and explanation of the use of these google.

According to the seller this one was found in the "Großer Segeberger See" (see also google maps).

According to http://www.radix.net...codes_full.html the code "gfc" stands for " Julius Posselt, Gablonz an der Neisse, Sudetenland".

I am by the way still looking for a 'reflector' from an enigma machine :unsure:

Edited by drspeck

Hello Dr. Speck,

An impressive collection of technology and the enigma rotors even more so. My wife and I watched a documentry just last evening dealing with the enigma machine.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm happy to see that there are others who appreciate the "gadgetry" that was employed during the war years.

Regards

Brian

Hello Dr. Speck,

An impressive collection of technology and the enigma rotors even more so. My wife and I watched a documentry just last evening dealing with the enigma machine.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm happy to see that there are others who appreciate the "gadgetry" that was employed during the war years.

Regards

Brian

I TOTALLY agree with Brian. I love to view these forums and see what folks have found. Thanks for sharing.

Ed