News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Daimler Puch Pinzgauer 4x4 Expeditionary Truck

Hi!

As I am not at all familiar with this type of military vehicle I thought I might check out our website here and see if anyone has any 'words of wisdom' pertaining to this unusual vehicle. I know the U.S. Marine Corps was evaluating this vehicle a while back, but I could not find any results of this evaluation. If anyone has any pros or cons on this buggy I would sure like to hear them. A 1974 model (7104) was listed for sale in Ohio for $7,800.00.

This one is currently listed on Craig's list:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1956630410.html

Thanks for reading this,

Richard

Caveat: I do not own a Pinzgauer, nor have I driven one, nor do I have any particular expertise about them....

Personally, I think they're awesome looking, and it would certainly make for an unusual and versatile vehicle, depending on what you're thinking of using it for.

They're pretty widely used by militaries around the world, so I would imagine their reputation is pretty good.

The wikipedia page has some basic info on users and capabilities.

Caveat: I do not own a Pinzgauer, nor have I driven one, nor do I have any particular expertise about them....

Personally, I think they're awesome looking, and it would certainly make for an unusual and versatile vehicle, depending on what you're thinking of using it for.

They're pretty widely used by militaries around the world, so I would imagine their reputation is pretty good.

The wikipedia page has some basic info on users and capabilities.

Thanks Chris.

I've ridden in both Slovenian and Polish military models; a decent little 4x4 - but I wouldn't call it anything special. Rides were both off-road in hilly sandy terrain (but not serious 4-wheeling) and paved streets. Would make a decent farm vehicle I would think, but it wouldn't be my first choice for an off-road vehicle.

These are also related to the Mercedes G-class.

I've ridden in both Slovenian and Polish military models; a decent little 4x4 - but I wouldn't call it anything special. Rides were both off-road in hilly sandy terrain (but not serious 4-wheeling) and paved streets. Would make a decent farm vehicle I would think, but it wouldn't be my first choice for an off-road vehicle.

These are also related to the Mercedes G-class.

Thanks for your input, I wasn't thinking about its off road capabilities as much as about taking all of my 10 grandchildren out at the same time. Is it true that this vehicle has only a twocylinder engine but consumes approx 15 mpg?