News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Die .... not nornally seen.

Moderator,

Sorry, this is an area of interest that I am not familiar with so you can move my posting and photos to the appropriate area.

Again, these items belong to a collector who like to remain private. He has given me permission to post photos of the items that you are seeing. None of the items are for sale and I don't know the story behind them.

They are made from very good quality steel and are very heavy.

I will post more photos of such items shortly.

v/r

DN

Moderator,

Sorry, this is an area of interest that I am not familiar with so you can move my posting and photos to the appropriate area.

Again, these items belong to a collector who like to remain private. He has given me permission to post photos of the items that you are seeing. None of the items are for sale and I don't know the story behind them.

They are made from very good quality steel and are very heavy.

I will post more photos of such items shortly.

v/r

DN

I guess I'm a little confused. I could maybe see the GAB die working (as those are found in the hollow back form), but how does the Destroyer die work? As far as I know there were no "Hollow Back" badges for this abzeichen.

Also the features of the dies look to be pitted or eroded? :unsure:

One more...

Darrel: Here is a post from another forum member.

The CCC is massive and the rear of the CCC has another die (with the maker mark on it for example). I think that this shown positive front side CCC was the original die used to make the negative die which in turn was used as press mold for the actual clasps.

Regards,

DJ

------

Oh there are a whole lot more of these original dies that I saw. Some in better conditions than other.

Looks to me like an early SA belt buckle die. These are really cool, all I have is a foam type die for a cap eagle. I guess its a mold rather than a die, but interesting nonetheless.

Later,

Pat

post-1212-039108900 1286217981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Avitas

Have you look at the first posting photo on this thread. The die looks pretty close to your foam one. What is the distance between wing tips?

v/r

DN

Yeah, i noticed that, it's what jogged my memory of this piece of mine. The distance from tip to tip is 93 mm.

Later,

Pat

Yeah, i noticed that, it's what jogged my memory of this piece of mine. The distance from tip to tip is 93 mm.

Later,

Pat

I should have taken measurements of these dies. I think your measurements is pretty close to the one in my photo.

While I am at it, here is another die to look at.

v/r

DN

post-984-023613100 1286514720_thumb.jpg

Greetings to All,

Here is another die to look at. I do not know much about this area of interest. Can members of this forum let me know what sort of items were made from these dies.

Thank you,

DN

Post #1 is for the Customs Service Cap Eagle

Post #3 General Assault Badge

Post #5 Destroyers War Badge

Post #6 U-Boat War Badge

Post #9 Centre piece for army belt buckle

Post #10- Post #12 War Merit Cross 2nd Class

Post #13 Centre piece for SA Belt Buckle

Post #18 World War One Wound Badge

Post #19 Early pattern Luftwaffe Cap or Breast Eagle

Post #1 is for the Customs Service Cap Eagle

Post #3 General Assault Badge

Post #5 Destroyers War Badge

Post #6 U-Boat War Badge

Post #9 Centre piece for army belt buckle

Post #10- Post #12 War Merit Cross 2nd Class

Post #13 Centre piece for SA Belt Buckle

Post #18 World War One Wound Badge

Post #19 Early pattern Luftwaffe Cap or Breast Eagle

Hello Mr. Williamson,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am somewhat busy at the moment but I will try to post photos when I can of the other dies that I saw. Thank you for your quick reply.

v/r

DN

Hello Mr. Williamson,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am somewhat busy at the moment but I will try to post photos when I can of the other dies that I saw. Thank you for your quick reply.

v/r

DN

OK, here is another one to look at.

v/r

DN

post-984-091791000 1287027595_thumb.jpg