News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A couple of forum members were very helpful recently in tracking down information on Rittmeister Hemmerde and General Vollrath von Hellermann.

How about this one for a 'hat-trick' for the imperial researchers..........

I have a busby from LHR2 which has the name 'K. Kroll' in it. It's pre-1897 as there is no Reich cockade. It's black bearskin, not opposum or sealskin, with an officer-style lining but OR-pattern cockade. Presumably 'K. Kroll' was an NCO or a 1-year volunteer. I have tried various archives and the net, but no luck.

Does anyone have anything in their records relating to a 'K. Kroll' serving with LHR2 ??

I know it's a long shot, him not being an officer, but then the other two long-shots I referred to forum members paid off dividends!

Here's the busby (with little Braunschweiger friend)..........

Guest Rick Research

I couldn't say whether this is a One Year Volunteer setup, or a F?hnrich's, or a private purchase NCO's-- but the fact that it was never upgraded to OFFICER wear means that

1) K. Kroll never got a commission-- before WW1 anyway (many OYVs never did and never wanted to--this was a very expensive way of living better than a draftee, for less time)

2) he died at this point in his "career."