News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1936 OLYMPICS - RARE ALBUM

post-6209-066186100 1285583596_thumb.jpg

I sincerely hope that the photo album of this old competitor has proved of some interest. Hopefully, it may also add some knowledge of the buildings and layout for the 1936 Olympic Games.

Please feel free to add any photos you may have.

****COPYRIGHT FOR THE ABOVE POSTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE AUTHOR AND MUST NOT BE USED WITHOUT PERMISSION.****

post-873-012608600 1285594357_thumb.jpg

post-873-008454800 1285594367_thumb.jpg

I inherited the torch holder, ash tray, bell, and several other 36 Olympics items from my father and have tried to add to the collection over the years. It's a fascinating subject. Most people don't realize that the much of the opening and closing ceremonies of the games from that time on were created by the nazi's for the 36 games including the running of the torch, lighting of the flame, etc. They were the ones that truly turned the games into a modern day media extravaganza.

And of course the stadium is still there and is one of the places Kim and I would love to visit if we ever get to travel in Europe someday.

Dan cheers.gif

Dan - some incredible pieces - just shows, tou never know what people have 'tucked' away. Do you think this was the only Torch - or, did they perhaps, have one for each section ? Must be quite a valuable item - I would advise getting a valuation for insurance.

Many thanks! cheers.gif Actually there were quite a few from what I've been able to discover. No telling how many have survived. I've only seen about six other examples listed over the years and many of those in less then the condition mine is in. I've a fairly good idea of value from the listings I've seen including on the main Olympics Memorabilia auction/sales site. This is definitely one that's going to be passed down in the family. jumping.gifjumping.gifbiggrin.gif It's a beautiful piece and holding it makes you flash back to the games in your mind. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif