News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen could any of your members inform me as to who would wear a Green and white (same design and material as Police duty) Arm band.? i have been informed that this would be worn by MOD Police???? thank you.

Hi - POW ( a first name would be nice) Welcome to GMIC. I have never seen a green and white band personally, so we must hope another member will be able to help. There was a period in the 1870's when Worcester Police went a bit 'mad' and introduced green uniforms and helmets. The Home Office soon put them right - however, if no other Force is pinned to the colour, then - just perhaps - these might go back to Worcester. I would say that this is probably unlikely. Do you collect Police items ? Mervyn

Hi Mervyn,

Many thanks for your reply. I have in the past collected Police items from the 1940s, i do have a Black and White Duty arm Brassard with the metal buckle circa 1938, i also have a Blue and white one with press stud fastening (reproduction me thinks). The Green and White one is a mystery to me, it is made from the same material as the Black and White one and the same size however it fastens through a material loop, it was suggested that it maybe Ministry of Defence issue am not sure?? did ambulance drivers have a similar system for when on duty??? i dont know:blush: :blush::( forgive the smillies.

regards Keith.

• 3 weeks later...

POW,

Some of the Royal Park Police used Green and White diced cap bands for a while, perhaps they had this colour of duty band before 1972.

The other alternative is that it may not be British Mainland but British Colonial, I have seen photos of duty armbands being used in India, Africa and the caribean Islands. Unfortunately they are old photos so in black & White. I have seen an old colour illustration of the Nigerian Police wearing a Blue and Red duty armband. So I think it is worth further investigation.

The Blue and White one you have with the press stud is not a reproduction, it was issue for some U.K. forces in the late 1960's. Also Jamaica Costabulary and Barbados Police used them.

Is this any help.

Les