News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Fusilier wounded at Ypres or Passchendaele

farrar

My Grandfather William John Farrar Ward joined the fusiliers at the outbreak of 1914/18 war. He was injured in during the war in a battle in which the british soldiers except a handful of soldiers were wiped our. We are trying to find out some information about the battle which was in Ypres or paschendadal and we know he served in the royal fusiliers and the gloucestershire regiment.

We know he married in July 1918 and was demobbed at the end of the war. He died in 1973.

Does anybody know which battle this was and any extra information would be appreciated as the information is needed for a school project for my son

Hello Farrar!

Regiments.org has been down for quite some time, but you can try this link to one of the last versions of that website before it disappeared. You might want to try a dedicated unit history though, since Regiments.org doesn't contain any detailed information as to which battalions went where in this case. The Royal fusiliers in the great war might provide some more detailed information on the Royal Fusiliers.

/Jonas