News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 More FAKE Medjidie Breast Stars ...

avsaribar

• Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Michael.

I appreciate your honest response - even if it is a bit of a critique. Sometimes I need to hear that.

I buy medals from all over the world, so it is impossible for me to be an expert on all. That is why I turn to THIS Forum for knowledge - always asking the same questions, because all are always relevant.

As it regards to helping me write my descriptions, absolutely! Is there something wrong with that? I want expertise, so I turn to the GMIC membership for help. And I always acknowledge my assistance from this Forum, even in adding the Forum's website address to attract more collectors to the GMIC. I do not believe I am doing a disservice to the GMIC - quite the opposite.

But I DO understand your comments and I appreciate your candor.

As for the lack of bookstores, I honestly don't recall that. If I said that, I retract it. Most of my research is on the internet. There are MANY great sites - even for this Breast Star. I saw MANY photos of this Star and they looked VERY similar to mine. Thus, I made the simple deduction that mine is authentic. Did I make an error? I hope not, but others believe I did.

So where do we go from here? Well, I plan on continuing to reach out to the GMIC membership in assisting in my research. If some members are "turned off" by my requests for info, I understand and accept this hesitance. But to me there is no better source - which is a compliment to you, to the other members, and to the creators of this Forum.

Lastly, for those wondering "What is this guy up to?" - I am just trying to make an honest living by buying and selling medals I believe people will be interested in. I may not always get it right (and I "fix" that to the extent possible), but I always try to be as honest and forthright as possible. Just look at ALL the feedback comments I have. I have clients who have been buying from me for 10 years, and keep coming back for more. I believe I am a good guy who tries to offer a wide variety of medals that are of interest to all kinds of different people.

In closing, I again want to thank you for your analysis of me. I believe it is fair and balanced. I though hope my explanation above serves to calm nerves of those participating in this thread. But I know that you can never satisfy everone all the time.

Take care. Linas

Dear Sir,

Lets cut it short.

If you give it free what you are selling now I will not get it...... :mad:

demir

Hello my friends,

Would Mr Avsar or Mr Demir evaluate my breast star as i am eager to make sure it is an original. I purchased it from a dealer in Germany, not from our favourite web site. It is worthy to note that this breast star also has a sash badge with light green stripes which are pre WW1.

Thank you

Murat

post-9492-009392000 1287158606_thumb.jpg

post-9492-072308900 1287158539_thumb.jpg

post-9492-054032300 1287158461_thumb.jpg

Dear Murat,

It is a lovely order.

Dear Josef,

please check what I meant, about aligment of the two layers. Check what Murat has and see what our friend is selling. :banger:

demir

Hello Demir.

I would graciously ask you to remove my name from your "Beware of these sellers" list. I believe it is inappropriate and demeaning. Your choice.

Thank you. Linas

Hi Linas,

Your above request has been fulfilled ! :speechless1:

demir

Hi Linas,

I can first assisst Michael (Great Dane):

This could indicate a seller who doesn't care what he has, but just want some text for his eBay auctions.

And:

When someone in here asked why you didn't do any research yourself (even Googling) ...

Please see my comment some days ago:

http://gmic.co.uk/in...showtopic=45965

Everybody can read your answer.

And second I will comment a part of your answer:

... questions ... this is one of the reasons I thought this forum exists

Could it be, that you didn't read the complete text above on this forum? Oh no, I don't mean the "Gentleman".

I mean the sentence under the headline:

Serving the military collecting community ...

I don't see there "Serving the dealers/sellers community ..."

This is the small but distinct difference.

Uwe

Hello Uwe.

With all due respect, sellers/dealers ARE serving the military collecting community ...

Where else do the collectors purchase the items they collect?

As for my comments about Google, I was asking about a specific medal for which I would not know what key words to enter because it was out of my area of expertise and in a language I do not know. This forum provides me with out 2-3% of the information I use for all the medals I post regularly. I use whatever sources I can to make sure I get it right and the military collecting community buys what they are looking for.

I have a question for all of you who have berated me : have any of you looked at the 100+ medals I list about every three weeks? A significant amount of research goes into ALL of my descriptions. Only some of it comes from this forum. Also, I ask you to go through my feedback profile and see how all my winning bidders appreciate my thoroughness, promptness, and attention to all matters concerned with every transaction (except for the one guy I couldn't please no matter what).

Everyone here seems to be willing to throw stones - many stones - at me, yet you have no idea what amount of time I put into everything I place on the auction site. Nor do any of you know me personally, yet you are more than willing to attack my character. Why is that?

It is 12:45 am and I am still hard at work. Plus I need to keep my day job. So before any of you throw anymore stones, please look inside yourselves and see if you are completely infallible.

Thank you.

Linas

Dear Demir Abi,

I Knew u would like it aswell, thank you for kind assesment. Secondly Linas with the order of which i posess look at the alignment of the star between the rays, the ray cannot have a crescent and star combination located on it, the ray of the breast star must have this crescent star combination at both its right and its left legs, not on it.

Regards to every1

Dear Sir,

Lets cut it short.

If you give it free what you are selling now I will not get it...... :mad:

demir

hi, i'm still amateur here and i don't know how to decide whether it's original or fake, but let's we finish it with gentleman's ways..

for the better of all let's communicate with better words..

Mr Linas, maybe you can add some more photo if you still in your position and you may go to the expert near your house and ask his opinion about your medal, so Mr Avsar and the other expert might see it to..

Mr. Avsar, please give us appropriate picture and describe the characteristics more detail to explain to Mr Linas and other viewer about your opinions..

And once again, please, with gentleman's way.. :)

regards,

windu

Dear Mr. Windu ,

We already explained the characteristics in the above posts , it is very clear . My friend Mr. Joseph , attached very good pictures , an original and a fake together in the same photo which makes the subject to compare more easy and clear...

By the way Mr. Linas already sold his fake order on ebay. ..

Nearly i became guilty by starting this post...

Avsar Ibar

Edited by avsaribar

Dear Mr. Windu ,

We already explained the characteristics in the above posts , it is very clear . My friend Mr. Joseph , attached very good pictures , an original and a fake together in the same photo which makes the subject to compare more easy and clear...

Avsar Ibar

Avsar,

You are a gentleman, thanks for warning te community !

:beer:

demir

Dear Mr. Windu ,

Avsar Ibar

after i look closely on the picture, i just found that it is a fake according to characteristics given by mr. Avsar..

he is the experts on Turkey medal, no doubt about it!!

i hope next time mr.linas contact the experts before selling the medal..

sorry mr. linas, but please be gentle..

i can't imagine if i were the buyer..:banger:

regards,

windu

To all.

The three top bidders on this Breast Star have been tracking THIS conversation on the GMIC before they bid. Each of them contacted me and I mentioned all the concerns listed by many of you - I had no problem doing that. Thus, they knew what they were bidding on.

Yet they bid. I don't know what to conclude from this, but next time I will let all of you judge the authenticity of my Ottoman medals before I place them for sale.

Now I would appreciate if we could put this matter to rest.

Thank you. Linas

Hi,

Here are new fakes by hattersteaclub (previously: abilge99,zolotka, hattersteaclub ) on sale for your inspection:

and " All items come from a family member who worked for NATO in Turkey when Turkey first became a member." Lovely !! :jumping:

1st class Ottoman Mejidie Order medal German Turkish (160493230687)

2nd class Mejidie Order medal Ottoman German Turkey (160493243376)

Turkish Ottoman Osmanie Nishani Order medal Germany (160493618209)

Turkish Ottoman Osmanie Nishani Order medal Germany 2 (160494029068)

Turkish Ottoman Charity Nishani Order medal Germany red (160494090249)

4th class Ottoman Mejidie Order medal German Turkish (160494137063)

2nd class Mejidie Order medal Ottoman German Turkey 2L (160494546256)

These are very good examples of what we are discussing ! :anmatcat:

Edited by demir

Hi,

Here are new fakes by hattersteaclub (previously: abilge99,zolotka, hattersteaclub ) on sale for your inspection:

and " All items come from a family member who worked for NATO in Turkey when Turkey first became a member." Lovely !! :jumping:

1st class Ottoman Mejidie Order medal German Turkish (160493230687)

2nd class Mejidie Order medal Ottoman German Turkey (160493243376)

Turkish Ottoman Osmanie Nishani Order medal Germany (160493618209)

Turkish Ottoman Osmanie Nishani Order medal Germany 2 (160494029068)

Turkish Ottoman Charity Nishani Order medal Germany red (160494090249)

4th class Ottoman Mejidie Order medal German Turkish (160494137063)

2nd class Mejidie Order medal Ottoman German Turkey 2L (160494546256)

These are very good examples of what we are discussing ! :anmatcat:

I can not believe people are buying this stuff!!!! I just don't get how people wasting their money without any knowledge!! If you are spending 1000+ dollars on something, you should have at least some knowledge or I am sorry, but you are just STUPID enough to deserve this!!!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi

Just to make sure I understood the posted pictures by Josef. The right side order is real and the left is fake?

I see some green rust, this is typical for real old medals with time?

Thank you

Hello Joseman ,

1 - You understand wrong , the one on the right is fake and the one on the left is real .

2 - Sometimes people bought the fake ones for very expensive prices because they thought that they are original . In my opinion the cost NOTHING .

Many Thanks Avsaribar

Yesterday I bought a lot of 7 Medjidie orders , 3 second order and 3 third order and one fourth order. After re-reading your post explaining the details, all were fake. Today I ran back to the seller and informed him, luckily he accepted to return my money except charging 100 dls. for that. I am happy I lost 100 USD and not the total.

So, Thank you.

However, another questions: The dealers in Lebanon are getting these orders from Turkey, how come there are so many fakes? Is the material silver or Nickel-Chrome alloy? any info.

Thanks again

Dear Demir

Fortunately, these people are not eBay sellers. However, they travel around themselves to Turkey, Europe, Russia and bring all sort of items with them. The dealer I dealt with today was surprised of the information (or may be he acted that way) and actually he bartered the orders I returned for Expensive Persian rugs.

However, I will keep a close eye if they go Online.

The current problem is that there are so many orders and medals dealt with among these dealers and people who think these are authentic. You know I did not know that there are fakes of Medjidie and other orders except when I suspected the lot I bought. It looked too weird. So I went Online and met you (virtually).

Another issue I would like to ask, are there originals, restrikes, and fakes or just originals and fakes? No restrikes?

Thank you