News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grenadier cap badge?

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a bulk lot of medals and there were two identical cap badges in the lot and I have no idea as to their identification. The badge measures 61 mm (2 1/2 inches) tall, 56 mm (2 1/4 inches) wide with the bomb being 25 mm (1 inch) in diameter. There are three holes, one at the top of the flame and two more holes, one at each side of the flame for attachment. It is made of stamped medal that is non-ferrous (non-magnetic) and has a nickel finish.

I think this looks like a grenadier's cap badge but that is only a guess.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brian

post-1801-056820700 1286750150_thumb.jpg

Hello IrishGunner,

I was actually wondering if that was what they were but thought I was just dreaming.

Now that I see the officers in your photos I think I am still dreaming. They're enough to make a fellow commit a crime just to be arrested by them.

Many thanks for the information.

Regards

Brian

Ironically, I had the pleasure of being questioned by a lovely lady Carabinieri in a beret with just such a badge at a checkpoint in Bosnia some years ago; to paraphrase Chris B from another thread, I would have gladly followed her in handcuffs. :love: :whistle:

post-5961-032940200 1286777734_thumb.jpg

Hello IrishGunner,

Once again thanks for the information and upon closer examination of the badges and the newest photos you have posted I would agree that the ones I have are indeed of the beret style.

I won't comment on the ladies in uniform again least I reveal my inner hedonistic alter ego. :whistle:

Regards

Brian