News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Police Motorcycle Crash Helmet

Crash helmets were designed for motorcycle crews of the Ordnungspolizei. The corresponded to the colors assigned to the particular branch of service: White for Traffic Police, brown for the Motorized Gendarmerie unit and black for Schutzpolizei Motorcyle Detachments. There is also pictorial evidence that the Schupo motocycle crash helmet was used by crews of the police armored detachments.

post-2699-076700300 1287901592_thumb.jpg

post-2699-030033200 1287902082_thumb.jpg

JoeW,

Very nice helmets. Especially the white one. A rare bird indeed. I have one of these helmets that has been over painted with a heavy mdium grey paint. I always though this would have been a logical thing for the Police armoured units to do. No proof of this however but the brown helmets would have really stood out in combat and as you say there is period photographic evidence that Police armoured units used this type of helmet. I have seen some photos of the crews of armoured vehicles in the police mountain regiment wearing this type of helmet.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon, the black one's would have been more suitable in the armored vehicles than the brown mot. Gendarmerie issued ones. And the black would have matched the color of the visor-less armored crash helmets that were issued to those crews too.