News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal bars / old auctions' catalogues

120. Auktion, Graf Klenau, 12.06.1976

Please notice the medal bar in the middle with a Wiederholungsspange zum EK (1914)

Was offered later in another auction (Thies), but this time without the Ehrenkreuz für Kriegsteilnehmer

post-199-061297000 1288948949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claudio

I'm having many of these old catalogues for myself, but am to lazy to scan them... so thanks!

Some of these bars never surfaced again on the market... safely lying in somebody private collection!

Or beeing ripped apart... not to uncomman back than. :banger:

I especially like the first one with the 3 last dinastic commemorative medals...

Indicating maybe even a royal...

By the way, the Baden bar with Wiederholungsspange is in a German private collection (a SDA member's).

93. Auktion, Graf Klenau, 08.06.1974

I especially like the first one with the 3 last dinastic commemorative medals...

post-769-092238000 1288966291_thumb.jpg

Great pictures :jumping:

Does anyone know who the top bar in the above picture (Graf Klenau lot 6112) belonged to?

He has to be a king or a prince or similar, because that danish decoration at the end was only awarded in gold to royalty.

I'm trying to track down all the recipients of that specific decoration, so I'll welcome your guesses... :)

/Michael

Does anyone know who the top bar in the above picture (Graf Klenau lot 6112) belonged to?

He has to be a king or a prince or similar, because that danish decoration at the end was only awarded in gold to royalty.

I'm trying to track down all the recipients of that specific decoration, so I'll welcome your guesses... :)

Ha, so my "royal" guess was pretty right. There's some more thing indicating it... and noone noticed back then. :whistle:

It was not written in the catalogue and noone yet posted, so I think noone here knows. Should we try, just for fun?

How about Generalleutnant à la suite Prinz Albert (or Albrecht?) von Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (1863 - 1948)? I think he qualifies as "royal", seems to have the proper kinship for the awards, was alive in 1934/35...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Albrecht_of_Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gl%C3%BCcksburg

post-1172-070491000 1289041540_thumb.jpe

Amazing!

My list of german princes who received that danish decoration in gold is:

• Prince Georg Wilhelm of Hannover
    • Prince Albert of Schleswig-Holstein
    • Prince Johan of Schleswig-Holstein
    • Prince Julius of Schleswig-Holstein
    • Prince Friederich of Schaumburg-Lippe
    • Prince Eduard of Anhalt-Dessau

So Albert it seems to be!

Thanks a lot Saschaw :beer:

/Michael

So of the turkish medals in post 23 (2 at the end, right?) which one should be mentioned the kaiserl. osman. Kriegsmedaillen in a German WWI officer's Kriegstagebuch?

Hi David,

In that photo the Ottoman Kriegsmedaillen is the red "Gallipoli" star. The two medals on the bar are the Imtiyaz Meda, silver first class with swords on the left and the Liyakat Medal, silver second class with swords on the right.

This is a helpful link for Ottoman medals-

http://www.turkishmedals.net/

Cheers

Chris

Hi David,

In that photo the Ottoman Kriegsmedaillen is the red "Gallipoli" star. The two medals on the bar are the Imtiyaz Meda, silver first class with swords on the left and the Liyakat Medal, silver second class with swords on the right.

This is a helpful link for Ottoman medals-

http://www.turkishmedals.net/

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for that, but he already had that one covered as the eiserne Halbmond (I think this is the Gallipoli star?) If not, please correct me, as the site you refer to does confuse me. Just to be sure, these medals are mentioned in the KTB

24.09.1915 königlich preussischen Seefliegerabzeichen.

25.05.1916 kaiserlich bulgarischen Tapferkeitskreuz IV. Klasse.

04.06.1916 königlich preussischen eiserne Kreuz II. Klasse.

02.09.1916 kaiserlich osmanischen Kriegsmedaillen. (Gallipoli Star?)

02.09.1916 kaiserlich bulgarischen Militär Verdienst Kreuz.

23.07.1917 königlich preussischen eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse.

23.03.1918 kaiserlich bulgarischen Seeflieger Abzeichen.

23.03.1918 kaiserlich osmanischer eiserne Halbmond. (Gallipoli Star?)

Yes, I see the problem. As far as I know the Turkish War Medal had many names. Both the osmanischen Kriegsmedaillen and eiserne Halbmond refer to the same medal. It is also known as the Galipolli Star in English and the Harp Madalyasi in Turkish.

Cheers

Chris