News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

XIX century CDV of IR 130 soldier

Could you please help me with one detail of this hand-colorized CDV of a soldier from 1.Lothringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.130.

According to several sources shoulder boards of enlisted men from IR 130 were yellow with red numerals. But here its vice versa. It could be due to two reasons:

1) Mistake of the photo atelier personnel (I doubt it as having examined dozens of hand-colorized portraits I never found any mistake done).

2) Before 1902 IR 130 had red shoulder boards with yellow numerals. The situation changed in 1902 after that regiment was renamed.

Your comments, please!

post-5060-063651300 1290430102_thumb.jpg

Of course you can! That´s what the forum is for...

Uniforms and history of formations are my special interests (imperial army)

But I think it would be better to open a new topic, because this one is for the IR 130.

Edited by The Prussian

Of course you can! That´s what the forum is for... Uniforms and history of formations are my special interests (imperial army). But I think it would be better to open a new topic, because this one is for the IR 130.

Many thanks, Prussian! Will proceed with more CDVs soon in separate topics!