News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SENEGALESE MILITARY INSIGNIA

Kev in Deva

Recently I had some of my militaria which had been in storage

in Ireland delivered to my home in Transylvania, in amongst it

was this piece:-

post-950-090712500 1290634083_thumb.jpg

I was given this by a Senegalese member of the U.N.I.F.I.L. Mission way back in 1979

while in South Lebanon, however, I believe the insignia is not specific

for the U.N.I.F.I.L. Mission itself.

While U.N. referes to United Nations the "M.O." might refer to "Military / Mission Observers"

does anybody know if Senegalese troops took part in any African Continent Missions

particularly the handing in or de-commissioning of weapons?

Brass and plastic "enamel" construction.

Size:- 45mm X 35mm

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

Interesting badge, it has a U.N. look to it. Prior to UNIFIL the Senegalese had supplied troops to United Nations Emergency Force 2, "Egyptian and Israeli ceasefire" which would have been 1973-1979, it could possibly be from this period.

• 2 months later...

Hello Gentlemen here is the list of all Military Insignia from Senegal Army. Of course the SENBATT is not included in this list because it was only awarded to senegalese troops in mission in Lebanon.

But the insignia of SENBATT IS uncommon.I have it in my own collection,but I just saw 1 for sale.

For my own collection I'am looking for

1st row : left & middle

3rd row : left (the 1st Commando)

4th row : middle

5th row : middle & right

6th row : right

8th row : middle (the one of Etat Major).

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

• 1 year later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2012/post-950-0-43076300-1330205622.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2012/post-950-0-37471300-1330205806.jpg

Sorry about the grainy image sent via phone camera from a lad in Ireland, he tells me he acquired it in a "mingy" shop in South Lebanon while serving with U.N.I.F.I.L., originaly it was stuck to a plastic fob with a button hole very similar to the French Military Insignia fobs in leather.

Kevin in Deva.