News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post your Imperial German Dog Tags

• Replies 391
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For anyone interested in the subject of German WWI Erkennungsmarke, there is a nice book on the subject by Peter Meinlschmidt. It is available with English or German text.It covers the background history, regulations, unit markings, with a large section of examples. The English title is, "German WW1 Identity Tags/Disks". Copies may still be available from the author. The last address I have for him is, Peter Meinlschmidt, Bärenacker 12, Düngenheim, Germany.

Chip

For anyone interested in the subject of German WWI Erkennungsmarke, there is a nice book on the subject by Peter Meinlschmidt. It is available with English or German text.It covers the background history, regulations, unit markings, with a large section of examples. The English title is, "German WW1 Identity Tags/Disks". Copies may still be available from the author. The last address I have for him is, Peter Meinlschmidt, Bärenacker 12, Düngenheim, Germany.

Chip

Thanks for the tip!

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hi,

The last address I have for him is, Peter Meinlschmidt, Bärenacker 12, Düngenheim, Germany.

Chip

He lives in Poland now (Szczecin, Stettin).

He has just published an interesting book on the German army (Kompaktübersicht über die Truppenteile der Alten Armee, 1870-1914).

For those who want to contact him, I can give his Email (in private message).

I goes on holiday tomorrow and I could answer only after January 1st.

Regards,

Stephan

- Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment 1 - Rekruten-Depot in Pillau (Ostpreussen)

- 7. Komp./Grenadier-Regiment Nr.3

- 2. Maschinen-Gewehr-Kompanie, Grenadier-Regiment Nr.3

post-1062-084524800 1293685216_thumb.jpg

post-1062-007479200 1293685242_thumb.jpg

Hugo Friese was born on July 8, 1881 - In 1903 he became school-teacher in the small village of Bösenrode. He retired in 1940

post-1062-087185600 1293685556_thumb.jpg

1. Garde-Regiment zu Fuss - Ersatz-Bataillon

and 4.Komp. Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr.93 (4. Gardedivision)

post-1062-079452400 1294887361_thumb.jpg

post-1062-077244500 1294887387_thumb.jpg

Since the tag looked like it was in the ground for a long time, I checked the KIA list of RIR93.

There I found Grenadier Paul Bruski born on August 16, 1894 - killed in action at the Somme on September 5, 1916 (22 years of age)

post-1062-013987500 1294888961_thumb.jpg

post-1062-028120600 1294888975_thumb.jpg

post-1062-063416500 1294888997_thumb.jpg

Edited by Naxos

Over the years I have managed to find Erkennungsmarken with neck cords in the state colors. One that has eluded me is a Saxon example. They must have existed, but I have never seen one. If someone has a Saxon piece, I would love to see it. I was also wondering if other state examples exist, especially neck cords with the Mecklenburg colors.

Chip

Edited by Chip

• 4 weeks later...