News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Colonel of the Mongolian State Security, Burentugs Oidov

Bob

First, make up of the group and who is Colonel Burentugs Oidov? Then some pics.

Unfortunately, the group is not complete but still very impressive and interesting:

1. Order of Sukhbaatar booklet (group came without the order, please give a shout if you have nr 1.174)

2. Order of the Polar Star, 1945 type but with serial number <500 (booklet comes with a pic of the Colonel)

3. Honorary Medal of Combat, SN 2944. However the Sn is not entered in the booklet for the Order of the Polar Star and no other booklet is included for it but i trust the source

4. Victory over Japan medal SN 40980 with a matching document

5. 25 Years to MPR Medal SN 13047 with a matching document

6. Medal of 40 Years of the People's Revolution SN 21490. No document

7. Medal of 50 Years of the People's Revolution with a document

8. Medal of 50 Years to MPA with a document

9. Medal of 30th anniversary of Victory at river Khalkha with a document

10. Medal for Victory over Militarist Japan with a document

11. Medal of 60 Years to Armed Forces with a document

12. Medal for Victory over Japan, (USSR) with a document

13. Medal of the 30th anniversary of Victory in Patriotic War (USSR), War Veteran with a document

14. Document for Type 1 Badge of Excellent Border Guard, the badge is missing (anybody with nr 279 please reach out to me!)

15. Badge of the 60 Years to Mongolian Border Troops with a document

16. Badge of the Veteran of the Armed Forces with a document

17. Veteran of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party with a document

18. Badge of the 70 Years to Mongolian Police with a document. The badge is made of aluminum.

19. Badge of the 80 Years to Mongolian State Security with a document.

20. Badge of the Excellent Border Guard, 1st Class, (USSR) with a document

21. Badge of the glory of the Mongolian Elderly Association with a document

22. Badge of the 70 Years to Mongolian Border Guard Troops. Document is missing

Unfortunately, the person who originally sold the group had split it: the group also should have come with an Honorary Chekist Badge with a document - both sold to Russians. At least i've received a scan of the document.

Colonol Burentugs Oidov was a member of one of the few State Security combat groups deployed to Manchuria during the 1945 war against Japanese Kwantung Army. The group was primarily tasked to spot and eliminate Japanese spies, Mongolian and Russian traitors and bandits remaining on the liberated territory of Manchuria and Inner Mongolia.

Here's a booklet on the Mongolian chekists... with a 4 page bio on Oidov. Also to note, bios on 25 or so other chekists as well... so time to check that thread and see if I can help anybody!

post-679-042431200 1291672471_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

Through the wonderful world of internet, the Badge of Honorary Chekist (Type 3) found its way into my possession to make the group a little bit more complete!

Oidov was awarded the badge in August 20, 1970, it is number 240. Doesn't contain the original screwplate anymore, but still a lovely piece.

The badge appears (by the known/documented dates) to have been awarded in random order.

Also found its way to me is a Badge of Excellent Border Guard (Aluminum screwback badge with a serial number on the reverse) with a paperback doc awarded to Burentug's son Tugsjargal. The doc is serial numbered 470 but badge is serial numbered 473. Most likely the badges were mishanded during the presentation.

• 2 years later...