News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Welsh Police PLSGC Medals? Help Required

G'day All,

I have two PLSGC medals which I suspect are from Welsh Police forces. I'm wondering if someone can help point me in the right direction and confirm if my suspicions are correct.

The first is a PLSGC (GVI obverse)/Defence Medal pair to PC Alfred G. MEDLEY.

The second is PLSGC(GVI obverse) medal to Inspector Richard J.A. DYMOND.

My suspicions are based on some preliminary research through the usual genealogical sites.

For Medley I have the following:

• 1911 Census lists an Arthur George Medley aged 7 of Llanelly, Carmarthenshire. There are no other Arthur G Medleys listed.

• Alfred George Medley, Birth June 1904, Pontypridd Vol 11a, pg 616 (source Free BMD).

• Marriages Sep 1929: Alfred G. MEDLEY married Marjorie BOWEN, Llanelly Vol 11a, pg 2527(source Free BMD).

• Possible son Maxwell Medley, Born Llanelly June 1931, mother BOWEN. Vol 11a, pg 1659 (source Free BMD).

And for DYMOND:

• Richard John A DYMOND

• Birth March 1906 Liskeard (source Free BMD).

• Married September 1936 to Ida M. Boulton at Pontypridd (source Free BMD).

• Father? Richard John S DYMOND born September 1880 at liskeard (source Free BMD).

I have had these for a few years and would love to be able to get some confirmation.

Thanks

Chris

I looked in the 1951 Police Almanac and went through all the Welsh forces. Unfrotunately most don't show the Inspectors (no chance at all with a PC I'm afraid).

However the Glamorganshire force does give a reasonable breakdown (and is relevant for Pontypridd) but could not find an Insp Dymond listed.

In slower time I will go through the whole thing looking if he appears in another force but unfortunately not all inspectors are shown. Easier to find Supts and some Ch Insps.

Edited by Odin Mk 3

Thanks Odin,

I've been wanting to make an enquiry with the Dyfed-Powys Police Museum, however the museum website indicates it has been closed to the public and research for a at least a year. Thanks for the effort Odin.

Chris

• 8 years later...
    On 19/12/2010 at 00:03, Hebbo said:

G'day All,

I have two PLSGC medals which I suspect are from Welsh Police forces. I'm wondering if someone can help point me in the right direction and confirm if my suspicions are correct.

The first is a PLSGC (GVI obverse)/Defence Medal pair to PC Alfred G. MEDLEY.

The second is PLSGC(GVI obverse) medal to Inspector Richard J.A. DYMOND.

My suspicions are based on some preliminary research through the usual genealogical sites.

For Medley I have the following:

• 1911 Census lists an Arthur George Medley aged 7 of Llanelly, Carmarthenshire. There are no other Arthur G Medleys listed.

• Alfred George Medley, Birth June 1904, Pontypridd Vol 11a, pg 616 (source Free BMD).

• Marriages Sep 1929: Alfred G. MEDLEY married Marjorie BOWEN, Llanelly Vol 11a, pg 2527(source Free BMD).

• Possible son Maxwell Medley, Born Llanelly June 1931, mother BOWEN. Vol 11a, pg 1659 (source Free BMD).

And for DYMOND:

• Richard John A DYMOND

• Birth March 1906 Liskeard (source Free BMD).

• Married September 1936 to Ida M. Boulton at Pontypridd (source Free BMD).

• Father? Richard John S DYMOND born September 1880 at liskeard (source Free BMD).

I have had these for a few years and would love to be able to get some confirmation.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, did you ever get to the bottom of this?