News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Old Kepi

renmore

I was wondering if anybody can give an approx date of manufacture/use for this kepi that I recently aquired.the numerals are metal and the maker is Delion,rue de Capucins Paris, it has artillery buttons and is to the rank of adjutant,any help would be very welcome.

Best Regards,

Renmore

post-3021-066240500 1294169280_thumb.jpg

post-3021-030906100 1294169302_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Interesting Kepi - it looks like an Artillery piece that's obviously seen better days. Although, a bit of straightening out and a good brushing to tidy it up would probably breath a bit of new life in to it.. Date wise - difficult to say but sticking my neck out a bit here, I would say late 1920’s - 30’s or possibly a little earlier. Perhaps some of our French collectors maybe able to get a better fix on it.

Many thanks for sharing it with us, as it is always nice to see such intriguing pieces.

Best regards,

Zob123

I agree. Also masking tape is great for removing all the loose lint, dirt, etc. Cheers Captain Albert

Interesting Kepi - it looks like an Artillery piece that's obviously seen better days. Although, a bit of straightening out and a good brushing to tidy it up would probably breath a bit of new life in to it.. Date wise - difficult to say but sticking my neck out a bit here, I would say late 1920's - 30's or possibly a little earlier. Perhaps some of our French collectors maybe able to get a better fix on it.

Many thanks for sharing it with us, as it is always nice to see such intriguing pieces.

Best regards,

Zob123