News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1st (Emperor Alexander) Guards Grenadiers

Noor

Hi,

Here is one small set what I would like to study more. Lots of stuff from my collection is gone, so I think it's a good idea to put some extra effort to the items, whats left.

Here is now imperial Germany set what belonged to the member of Tsar Alexander Guards Grenadiers Regiment No. 1 (Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 1), based in Berlin.

As far I know, owner of this set was NCO. Some how he managed to get only two awards (first of them for a Long Service) from his own country and THREE awards from imperial Russia.

I would like to figure out what Russian awards they can be and thats why I posted this up under that subforum. Any imperial experts, who knows pre 1914 awarding regulations, most common trends and/or awardings to the regiments, what patron Russian Tsar was.

Because the owner was NCO, I am sure he didn't had any orders, so only medals.

My guess is:

3rd St.Stanislaus ribbon - Medal for Zeal (Za Userdie) gold or large medal

4th St.Anne's ribbon - St.Anne's medal

5th St.Stanislaus - Medal for Zeal (Za Userdie) silver or regular size medal

Any help would be great!

Kind Regards,

Timo aka Noor

1742940382cdca_l.jpg

Some info is available (Thanks to Ed Muller)

Werich "Russian Orders. Medals and Decorations" Page 46 and following:

NCO should have gotten a zeal medal on Alexander Nevsky ribbon

A private 1st or 2nd class got small silver Zeal medal for 3 years service on St Stanislaus ribbon if he reinlisted. (5th ribbon on bar)

An enlisted man who was eligible to retire but re-enlisted got the zeal medal on St Anne. (4th ribbon on bar)

The 3rd ribbon on bar could be another re-enlistment or something else? Probably must be something "hihger" then 4th and 5th ribbon.

My next question is was it allowed to wear more then one came class/size zeal medals on the bar?