News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An amazing Sudanese medal group

sabrigade

You have some very beautiful pieces, I wish I could travel the world with you to find some very rare items. I was lucky to be able to travel to Iraq for 4 years to find many Iraqi Medals and Orders for my collection. Now in Iraq the prices are more higher then in the U.S., I will be going to Afghanistan in 2012 so I will be able to start my Afghanistan medals and Orders collection.

Thank you for posting your new beauties.:love:

Lorenzo

Nice Group. Would you by chance be able to decipher what is written on the medals? I'm familiar with the first two awards (as they too were awarded to British recipients) but don't recognize the other. Can you perhaps explain what they are?

Cheers

Chris

Edited by censlenov

Will,

The Sudan Medal appears to read "1357 - 13 Bn"

The Long Service Decoration is more difficult but I think the name is "Hussain Effendi" - rank and unit is more difficult - I can also make out the word "Sudan" - I'll get some of my Arab staff to look tomorrow.

Great group...........

Owain

Hi Brian,

According to the 1971 edition of "BRITISH BATTLES AND MEDALS", the latest edition is back home in South Africa, the 13th Sudanese Infantry was involved in some of the many battles leading to Kitchener's reconquest of the Sudan.

Members of the unit were entitled to the Khedive's Sudan Medal, 1896 to 1908, with clasps for "FIRKET, HAFIR, SUDAN 1897, THE ATBARA, KHARTOUM, GEDID".

Regards,

Will

Edited by sabrigade

• 2 months later...