News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

China People's Revolution Military Museum in Beijing

Bob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Museum_of_the_Chinese_People's_Revolution

Visited this great museum around Xmas time. It was EXTREMELY cold (a Chinese colleague had told me it was nice and sunny in Beijing and I had neglected to look up what that would mean temperature wise... let's just say wearing a polo shirt with thin pullover was NOT sufficient, it did make a lot of Chinese smile at me because they thought i was crazy to walk around outside like that).

Anyway, in that bitter cold i rushed to checkout the Mao mausoleum and then to the military museum before heading back to the airpot for onwards flight to Australia (another great museum there: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47395&pid=437139&st=0&#entry437139)

I think pics of the Beijing museum have been posted before, but not yet of the top floor which focusses on the Korean war. Interesting to read there that China came to the help of the Koreans attached by US, while reading in the Canberra museum a week later that it was the Ozzies who came to the help of Korea against the attach by the Chinese etc.)

Anyway - some DPRK relevant pics... all fake i think (unfortunately)

Any chinese translation help would be much appreciated - more than curious as to what made these guys earn their DPRK awards:)

post-679-055985900 1295088939_thumb.jpgpost-679-080972100 1295088948_thumb.jpgpost-679-046446200 1295088956_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
    • 5 months later...