News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraq Bring Backs

greg.hays

• Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Paul, I kept very busy.....it's a disease. The helmets are marked usually just with the inked name of the owner in a couple cases there is additional marking that I assume to be unit names or something to that effect. Here is a really nice one with camo netting and inked name/unit?

No problem! I can see now! Very nice! These marking add a lot of personality to your helmets! Maybe Ed will know of some of the markings. He is the most knowledgable person here on the topic(arabic)

Paul

Yes, maybe...I really wish I could read it as I have paper items as well. Maybe one day. Here is one last helmet for tonight. This one has a lot of character......only the nape strap remains of the webing. This I have been told was common however as many Iraqi soldiers liked to wear headgear underneath the helmet and so they removed the liner. Anyway, this one has been painted at least three times and is 3 different colors. There is also painted initials on the inside. It is my favorite one so far.

Yes, maybe...I really wish I could read it as I have paper items as well. Maybe one day. Here is one last helmet for tonight. This one has a lot of character......only the nape strap remains of the webing. This I have been told was common however as many Iraqi soldiers liked to wear headgear underneath the helmet and so they removed the liner. Anyway, this one has been painted at least three times and is 3 different colors. There is also painted initials on the inside. It is my favorite one so far.

• 1 year later...

Here is one of my favorite Bring Backs: I picked up form my antique dealer friend in Baghdad, Iraq near one of Former Iraqi Ruler Saddam's Palaces.

Wisam al-Rafidain/Order of the Two Rivers, First Class Military, Sash and Breast Badge.

Edited by IMHF

• 4 months later...

wicked nice. :cheers:

Now that you have slaughtered me on eBay. Would you like to sell me that Palestine campaign medal?

I didn't really want the 1939-45 campaign medal. :cheers:

Edited by Ulsterman

wqicked nice.

Now that you have slaughtered me on eBay. Would you like to sell me that Palestine campaign medal? I didn't really want the 1939-45 campaign medal. :cheers:

I have Five of the Palestine Campaign medals, I am just a collector not a seller I want to get as many of them as I can.

Liverpoolmedals.com has one from the issue of 1949.

Thank you for viewing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Well, if that's the case I'll leave the Liverpoolmedals one for you.

However, next time....now that my income tax refund has come back..... :Cat-Scratch:

The one you got looks like an earlier (German made?) strike.

Have you weighed them all? Are there variations?

Nice "bring back" items Greg.

While I collect mostly medals I do like to see the everyday items the soldiers carried, wore and used. Sometimes we (or more likely just me) tend to forget that there is as much and perhaps more history in the equipment especially if a medal is unnamed. Medals don't fight or win (or lose) a war.

Thanks for your posts.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian