News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Air Force Service Order al Bakr era

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Air Force Service Order al Bakr era (Iraqi Manufactured)

This Order was found for me out of Baghdad, Iraq I am still working on finding more information on it. The Insignia on it is of the Iraqi Air Force under the government of al Bakr from the 1976-79 Insignia. It has the custom Iraqi thin blue Ribbon that came from the Milled in Chile Service Orders from 1969. I am not sure of its citation and why it was awarded.

Thank you for viewing.

Lorenzo

What does the banner say? Could it be some sort of Honor Guard Gorget?

"Air Force College"

The Air Force Base was established in 1931 in the Northern area of Tikrit, Iraq. It was then closed in 1991 due to the economic siege and situations following it. Now the Air Base is being re-opened with American Military support after almost 18 years of closure.The piece was possibly made on the base for ceremonial purposes to save on cost due the lack of funds.

Lorenzo

"Air Force College"

The Air Force Base was established in 1931 in the Northern area of Tikrit, Iraq. It was then closed in 1991 due to the economic siege and situations following it. Now the Air Base is being re-opened with American Military support after almost 18 years of closure.The piece was possibly made on the base for ceremonial purposes to save on cost due the lack of funds.

Lorenzo

I think it was worn by honor Guard for the Cadets at the Collage on Graduation day.

Lorenzo

I think it was worn by honor Guard for the Cadets at the Collage on Graduation day.

Lorenzo

The college is now on COB Speicher in Tikrit, this is where the Iraqi Air Force Cadets are training now. I'm not sure where they were training after 1991. I do know that the Iraqi Air force was established in the year of 1931 by the graduation of 5 Iraqi pilots from the royal college in Cornwell, UK. Iraqi students continued to train overseas all over the world until the first Iraqi Air Force college was built in 1970 in Tikrit under the leadership of President Ahmad Hassan Al Bakr.

The insignia you see on this piece is of the Al Bakr Era

Lorenzo

• 6 years later...