News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 ribbon bar 39-45, Air Crew EUR(w/rosette), Africa(w/rosette)

Hello,

I found this ribbon bar while going through the shed looking for a group of patches I had and was wondering what the rarity of this is or value? I read that the Air Crew Europe medal was one of the most rare/expensive of all British campaign stars.. so had me wondering that this could be worth more than I thought. Like the title says it has the 1939-1945 star, Air Crew Europe star w/silver rosette and then Africa star w/silver rosette. Thanks.

Hello Grebo......

Sorry to tell you but your ribbon bar is not that valuable...... Maybe $15.00 or $20.00, basically the cost of the ribbon and the rosettes...... The Air Crew Europe star w/silver rosette which stands for the France and Germany Bar and then Africa star w/silver rosette which stands for the North Africa Bar...... These bars whould have been sewen onto the ribbons of full size medals...... The person who wore these ribbons should have at least two more ribbons.......

Now if you had the full size medals thats a different story.......

Mike

Unfortunately I don't have the actual star medals, here are a few photos of the bars I found. EDIT: I'm going to be putting these up on eBay soon..

th_Picture001-3.jpg

th_Picture003-4.jpg

Edited by Grebo