News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SIERRA LEONE ORDERS of the REPUBLIC & of the ROKEL

heusy68

ORDER OF THE REPUBLIC

Hello Gentlemen,here I will begin by the senior Order of Sierra Leone,the Order of the Republic.

It's a 4 Classes award : Grand Commander ( G.C.O.R.S.L.) - Commander ( C.O.R.S.L.) - Officer ( O.O.R.S.L.) - Member ( M.O.R.S.L.)

This Order was instituted in 1972.

Here I can sho the insignia of the Officer of the Order of the Republic.I have the case of issue,so it's an Officer despite it's silver and not silver gilt.

The case of issue is of beautifull green leather with Coat of Arms embossed on the lid & the name of the Order with its post nominal letter.

It's a very heavy silver badge (69 grammes without ribbon & ribbon pin).

That one was manufactured by Huguenin.Now they are manufactured in London again (but not by Spink).

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

ORDER OF THE ROKEL

Here it is the second Order of Sierra Leone,the Order of the Rokel.It was also instituted in 1972 and as the Order of the Republic it comprise 4 grade : Grand Commander (G.C.O.R.) - Commander (C.O.R.) - Officer (O.O.R.) - Member (M.O.R.)

The case of issue is of beautifull quality red leather with the Coat of Arms of the country embossed on the lid.

Here you can see the breast star of Commander,that one was made by Huguenin and is of metal gilt.The reverse is entirely gilded.

The breast star of Grand Commander is entirely gilt on obverse.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

ORDER OF THE ROKEL

This is the insignia of the Officer of the Order of the Rokel.That one was made by Huguenin and it is in metal gilt.

But long time ago,in 1999 a well known british dealer had a Commander of the Order of the Rokel in gold (price in 1999 was 1000 Pounds if my memory is good).I didn't bought it,but 10 years later I met the person who bought it and he was kind enough to show it to me.A superb piece very very heavy.

That's all I can say about Sierra Leone,but I'am sure there is plenty of fellow who will read these 2 topic and will post what they have.But please post medals in the Medal topic & Order in the Order topic to keep some logical order.

If someone needs ribbon for the Order of the Rokel I have a few.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

These are nice pieces, but the Rokel Order (even in gold) was a little bit expensive in 1999.

I`ve got only one piece of Sierra Leone.

It is the "First Anniversary Medal" in bronze. In the past I owned a similar one in silver; so perhaps there will be also one in gold?

The medal comes in a small box and was made by Huguenin, Le Locle in Switzerland.

if any one is interested in it, please let me know!

greetings

eitze

Brigadier General Alfred Claude Nelson-Williams the honour of "Grand Officer of the Order of Rokel" GOOR in recognition of his dedicated and meritorious service to the nation in the Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces on Friday April 2007.

Major General Alfred Claude Nelson Williams GOOR, DSA, LSE, JSC, psc, FWC, ndu, MSC.

Edited by ilja559